Honda E Reviews

All Honda E related discussions
ajms0288

Post by ajms0288 »

I watched this when it came out, but if a mixed bag. One thing that narked me was even though the mini was always going to win the drag race, they couldn’t even be bothered to film one where they all set off at the same time. No wonder the e did so bad !
Blue Advance 17in. Delivered 11th March 2021. Love it. 1900 miles 3.4m/kWh
Kangoo ZE delivered 1st April 2021. No AC, old school but £150/month plus VAT. 2600 miles 3.9m/kWh

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

I'll start of on the only positive I got from this which was they are all different styles to suit different people.

I notice that they didn't knock any of the other cars for their failings, only the Honda.

The Honda obviously won the first round with having 4 doors and significantly more passenger room, so why did they not state that the Honda had won?
The price of the Mini version 3 which is the highest spec as per the Honda e higher spec version is actually £31100, so about £2k more than the Honda, what's their reason to distort the review?
It was also conveniently forgotten at the beginning that the Fiat's paint was an additional £1000, I wonder why?
Tiff contradicted himself with incorrect facts, initially stating that the Honda had the least power during the drag race then later on the Fiat had the least (which was correct), this could have easily been corrected in the edit but I guess they couldn't be bothered and Tiff was reading the script so didn't care either, that's not very professional from any of the production team.
Their script writer was also lazy again when they quoted the max charge rates, Honda originally stated 100kW prior to production but the delivered cars only received 50kW onboard chargers.
Does Tiff need to go to Specsavers at the end he said that the Honda was a bit square?

Overall rather than a factually correct & honest review, they've let themselves down and tarnished their reputations, but as we all know, that is not their concern because they all made a pretty penny out of this, that's the priority, I'm sure they were happy with the pay cheque.

It's obvious what the problem was here. Tiff didn't like the Honda and because he's head cheese then the production team kissed his arse and the script writer(s) did what Tiff wanted.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

I noticed the 100Kw charger... and knew that they didn't do their homework. It could be an upgrade in the future and would definitely get trips around faster for me but the cooling system probably cant handle it.
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
Thundarian

Post by Thundarian »

Tech Jamo seems to be getting far better range than I was expecting on a motorway trip from London to Nottingham and back in freezing weather. Seems to be about 100 miles.

RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

There can hardly be many new reviews with added information.
Here – for all French-speaking friends – a few reflections from a design friend...

londiniumperson

Here's another rather disappointing review with an excessive number of factual errors, especially considering it was only released a few days ago:
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

"In this video we asked both customers & staff... yeah all these people look like they work at a car dealers to me.

londiniumperson

rickwookie wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:45 am "In this video we asked both customers & staff... yeah all these people look like they work at a car dealers to me.

I wonder why no there's no mention of the MyHonda app?
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Because everyone is so negative about the Honda e in the Netherlands, I wrote a user review on the website of the most popular car magazine Autoweek (Dutch version of Autoexpress or Autobild). Please rate the review with "Uitstekend" (Excellent) just to bring some positivity about our car under the attention. :P

https://www.autoweek.nl/reviews/artikel/honda-e-2020-3/

I receive nothing for it, in case you think so. Thanks in advance.
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
londiniumperson

iHansz wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:13 am Because everyone is so negative about the Honda e in the Netherlands, I wrote a user review on the website of the most popular car magazine Autoweek (Dutch version of Autoexpress or Autobild). Please rate the review with "Uitstekend" (Excellent) just to bring some positivity about our car under the attention. :P

https://www.autoweek.nl/reviews/artikel/honda-e-2020-3/

I receive nothing for it, in case you think so. Thanks in advance.
Thanks for taking the time to write that review.

I was happy to rate your review as Excellent, though it was a convoluted journey for me to create an account considering that I cannot read Dutch and the Google translate feature was struggling on the registration pop ups.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post