Honda E Reviews

All Honda E related discussions
Wee Peem

Post by Wee Peem »

Typical of much of the BBC's output these days where trivial comment, often self-contradictory is usually drowned out by background music that bears no relation to the subject seems to be the norm.

bogga

Post by bogga »

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

bogga wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:43 pm Ooh we have got to Pistonheads.com

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-dri ... view/42796
I read that earlier waiting for a response.

He rightly compares it to the Mini e, however yet again fails just as you'd expect from a lazy journalist!
He quotes the Honda e price excluding the £3000 UK PICG but appears to compare it with the Mini e including the £3000 PICG discount - WTF?

At least the reviewer has driven it and has actually made an effort to review it's driving characteristics, however he dropped the ball big time or is an EV hater.

He made significant errors on stating that not a single suitable charger exists between Luton and Liverpool and as a result says that it has to be charged using a three-pin plug and wait 18 hours for the battery to fully charge. What bollocks!

His use of the SPCS acronym just highlights that he's copy pasta'd from the press handout.

Is there a single 'journalist' that can actually review a car (any car) without making slap dash errors and without a personal beef about it?
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

Frank Stephenson designed - among many, many other interesting and successful cars - the redesign of the new Mini 2001(Mini Hatch, commonly known as Mini or Mini Cooper) and was involved in the development of the modern Fiat 500.
keithr

Post by keithr »

What surprised me, when I watched Frank Stephenson's video, is how different the car looks without the black paint. It looks much better with the black paint:

noblack.jpg

(I presume that is a Photoshop'd picture on the right - I doubt they would have painted the glass roof yellow!)
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

keithr wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:19 am What surprised me, when I watched Frank Stephenson's video, is how different the car looks without the black paint. It looks much better with the black paint:
noblack.jpg
(I presume that is a Photoshop'd picture on the right - I doubt they would have painted the glass roof yellow!)
Yes - that was a particularly interesting aspect.
I also thought about how the car would look like in black with white (or light grey) panels in the front and rear and a white charging port in the middle of the car's bonnet ...
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

The press work in the UK this week is beginning to bear fruit.
We've heard it all somehow somewhere before – still a very fresh and entertaining variation:

iHansz

Post by iHansz »

RAL7004 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:14 pm Frank Stephenson designed - among many, many other interesting and successful cars - the redesign of the new Mini 2001(Mini Hatch, commonly known as Mini or Mini Cooper) and was involved in the development of the modern Fiat 500.
Wow, that's a compliment for the e from this master designer! 8-)
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
Malcs

Post by Malcs »

I love Frank Stephenson take on our forthcoming new drive. We’ve all read many complimentary reviews but here is just one more. Not sure if anyone has linked this in here before but the line ‘if you ever meet someone who dislikes the way the Honda e looks, pity them, for they have never known happiness’ made me smile.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/f ... -to-drive/

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post