Honda E Reviews

All Honda E related discussions
bogga

Post by bogga »

Rear: Yokohama Bluearth A AE-50 205/55R16 91V. Roll resistance C, grip A, noise 71db.
Front: Yokohama Bluearth A AE-50 185/60R16 86H

Same as tyre type as the Honda Jazz

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

RAL7004 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:48 pm Thank you, iHanzs!

There is a video, too:

It's easy to see that the presenter/journalist has no interest in cars, he has looked at the stats in the press media brochures and made his decision, typical lazy journalist.
I have driven both of the 2 cars & the Honda e is a way better built, better quality paint finish, interior and is leagues ahead of the Corsa e.
The most glaring issue in the Corsa is the lack of EV design thought one item that springs to mind is that as mentioned it is impossible to determine battery level, also the driver & central infotainment displays was not harmonised in the slightest unlike the Honda.
He complains of the plastic finish in the Honda, however the Corsa is significantly worse, which he keeps quiet about!
My biggest gripes are the driving experience, the Corsa is numb/bland & typically FWD in feel unlike the Honda which has a more composed ride and corners exceptionally well on the Pilot Sport tyres (17" wheels) & that the Corsa in EV form is too plain and the inside/outside is the same as the ICE versions.
What I couldn't fathom was why the Corsa has a B mode driving option which is just like a standard auto which constantly creeps unless the brake pedal is pushed.

I fully concede that the Corsa has a longer range, however I have a bone to pick on the less expensive comment, the top spec Corsa e base price is £31,160, you can never spec it as high as the Honda e Advance at £29,660, so the Honda is actually the cheaper car.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

That’s why I wrote “The Dutch press has never been that positive about Honda” no matter what they do. The other magazine is much more positive, but has not yet been placed a video.
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

1st registered Oct 2020
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

londiniumperson wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:42 pm...however I have a bone to pick on the less expensive comment, the top spec Corsa e base price is £31,160, you can never spec it as high as the Honda e Advance at £29,660, so the Honda is actually the cheaper car.
This is the same whenever the e is pitched against the Mini-e. The Mini has three levels, and only the cheapest cost less than the e, but the e spec sits somewhere close to the top-level Mini, yet the review always point out that the Mini is cheaper!
Rei

Post by Rei »

If you can live with the range and the small boot then the e is a real joy to drive. Maybe it was just because I'd been driving a fossil for a while but I've never driven another car that instantly made me feel as at home and happy as the Honda e, not even more expensive ones like the Tesla 3.
londiniumperson

iHansz wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:09 am This is Topgear's verdict:

https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/e/first-drive
TLDR: Utterly useless review, I learnt nothing about the car that hasn't already been said or that I can work out from Honda's advertising.
Ignore the rest below if you don't want to read my rant.

It's yet again clear that Ollie Marriage it's the stereotypical car journalist, in that he's someone that has no real interest in cars and this is just a job to earn lots of spondoolies easily by getting a job with the BBC who are biased and shamelessly love a good click bait story (i.e. get a story out fast with a good headline and not be concerned as to the factual content). Oddly this article's title is bland in the extreme, so I suppose as they say 'the exception proves the rule'.

No reason given for his statement of 'flawed solution' in regards 'the wing mirrors', also he's someone that doesn't know the difference between a wing and a door!
He's also obviously read all of the other reviews because he complained about the rear view mirror, yes it's prone to reflections however it has a very wide angle view especially compared to the physical mirror and therefore gives a much better and safer rear view.

I see Ollie not only has a fantastic (sarcastic) grasp of the English language with his statement 'almost precisely', but his mathematics (probably also used a calculator) is also extremely poor as there's over a 10% difference, in the double boot space comment, I'll give him a D- for effort.

His out of town comments are truly contradictory, he starts of complaining about the ride and handling and then praises it's good damping, accurate and responsive steering, good acceleration, predictable handling, lack of body roll & the engaging Sport mode! What is this jocker smoking?

He also praises the lack of noise intrusion, the build quality on the motorway but is still able to complain in a back handed way.

He includes a totally pointless throw away comment in the middle of the review: 'Take your kettle. That’ll test the fuse.', WTF, I suspect that he's got a degree so thinks he's clever but in reality is clueless, can someone really be that stupid to realise that a standard household kettle will overload the circuit, that he has to point it out?

In summary, it's obvious that he's been told to review this car, but has no interest in cars, doesn't like EVs and is lazy. So he tries to connect with the average non car interested person with his opening statement then after he's read other people's reviews of the car, regurgitates it as though he's a 12 school boy being given boring homework so uses the quick and easy boring question and answer format.

What have I learnt (or in today's woke world - TIL); don't read BBC Top Gear car reviews.
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

londiniumperson wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:35 am In summary, it's obvious that he's been told to review this car, but has no interest in cars, doesn't like EVs and is lazy. So he tries to connect with the average non car interested person with his opening statement then after he's read other people's reviews of the car, regurgitates it as though he's a 12 school boy.
I’m almost getting the impression that you didn’t like this review. 🤔

:lol:
londiniumperson

rickwookie wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:53 am
londiniumperson wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:35 am In summary, it's obvious that he's been told to review this car, but has no interest in cars, doesn't like EVs and is lazy. So he tries to connect with the average non car interested person with his opening statement then after he's read other people's reviews of the car, regurgitates it as though he's a 12 school boy.
I’m almost getting the impression that you didn’t like this review. 🤔

:lol:
What gives you that impression? 😏

It's a real shame that these so called car journalists are so lazy and just copy the press releases or each other.
I can get to the same conclusion myself just by reading the manufacturers blurb, are people so stupid and lazy that they can't see through this (actually I do know that lots really are, I just try and disassociate myself from them where possible), but the internet (of which FB is the worst) is just a echo chamber of tripe.
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

londiniumperson wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:47 am
It's a real shame that these so called car journalists are so lazy and just copy the press releases or each other.
I can get to the same conclusion myself just by reading the manufacturers blurb, are people so stupid and lazy that they can't see through this (actually I do know that lots really are, I just try and disassociate myself from them where possible), but the internet (of which FB is the worst) is just a echo chamber of tripe.
Hear, hear! 8-)
1st registered Oct 2020

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post