Honda E Reviews

All Honda E related discussions
Rei

Post by Rei »

RAL7004 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:10 pm Interesting read:

https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/e/first-drive
That is interesting:

"Honda has clearly worked very hard on minimising the e’s noise, vibration and harshness. You feel isolated and insulated, rough surfaces don’t thunder through, it’s quiet and composed."

The opposite for what Bjorn found, his was very noisy when he measured it with his sound meter.

Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

I suppose one can only judge oneself
I thought the car was quiet, compared to my Mini JCW
Left4Cookies

Post by Left4Cookies »

I remember that was also one of the things we noticed when we tested it. Not sure about wind noise at high speeds compared to similarly sized cars, but in the city I definitely thought it was quiet. I was also surprised by Bjorn’s opinions on this.
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Finally the two main car magazines in the Netherlands have published their first comparative tests (Advance 17") this week. One with the Opel (Vauxhall) Corsa-e and one with the Mini Electric.

Their verdict (the Dutch press has never been that positive about Honda):

AutoWeek: The cars score the same number of points, yet the Corsa is rationally the better buy. This is mainly due to the larger range and the relatively friendly price. Here, and because of its "normal" character, this Opel can be driven in daily practice like any other Corsa. Handsome, but he doesn't really excel at anything else. That is different with the Honda. With the e, the Japanese present a car that radiates much more passion than the Opel and appears to be more high-quality and progressive. That this unique car did not award a better drivetrain is therefore a shame.

AutoVisie: We already mentioned it at the introduction: the Honda is a must-have and we keep saying that after this double test. This chunky Honda does what traditional cars do too: seduce you despite shortcomings. Because the range, luggage space and loading speed of the Honda may be limited, its design is special inside and out and its equipment is generous. In addition, it steers so well that you rediscover the fun of driving in an EV. That makes it a real car and not a cool, converting device: this Honda also evokes emotions. He also lives up to his high price with his equipment. The Mini is ventured on the Honda, because it also has a limited range, small luggage space and is even more expensive. In the back it is less spacious and difficult to access, but it is more economical and charges faster at a normal charging station. Will you let the Honda stand for that? No, we go for the e. We say yes, even in headwind.

Things I noticed in the tests:
- High level of finish and impressive technology compared to the moderate Corsa. (AW)
- Sitting in the Honda is higher than the Corsa. (AW)
- Very quiet due to the balanced chassis and the absence of wind noise. (AW)
- Consumption is very disappointing, 16.7 kWh / 100km (Honda itself specifies 17.8 kWh/100km). (AW)
- If you are looking for a cheap car with a larger range, buy a Renault Zoe. (AV)
- This Honda has an Apple-appeal and that is something that many brands strive for, but the Japanese brand has succeeded. (AV)
- The Honda drives better than the Mini, but the seats are better in the Mini. (AV)
- Consumption, 16.5 kWh/100km, is better than what Honda specifies. (AV)
- Tires are exceptional for this class and very high quality. Provide a lot of grip and steering precision, but do not have the lowest rolling resistance. Front 205/45ZR17 and rear 225/45ZR17. (AV)

The trip computer learns from its driver, says AutoVisie. When they picked up the car at Honda with only 250 km on the clock, it indicated a range (with 100% charged battery) of 239 km. After they tested the car, and believe me they are not gentle for the test cars, the trip computer indicated 154 km.

Oh yes, and all Honda dealers here, do have now demonstration cars available for test drives.

(Thank you Google Translate...)

Honda e.jpg

Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

Thank you, iHanzs!

There is a video, too:

iHansz

Post by iHansz »

RAL7004 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:48 pm Thank you, iHanzs!

There is a video, too:
Yeah haha, you were just ahead of me. :lol:
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
Rei

Post by Rei »

Left4Cookies wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:59 pm I remember that was also one of the things we noticed when we tested it. Not sure about wind noise at high speeds compared to similarly sized cars, but in the city I definitely thought it was quiet. I was also surprised by Bjorn’s opinions on this.
I tried it today on the motorway and there isn't much wind noise but there is a lot of road noise. If you have smooth tarmac it's okay but on crappy British motorways it's noisy.

At lower speed it's quiet and at all speeds the ride is smooth and very pleasant.
bogga

Post by bogga »

Rei wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:04 pm I tried it today on the motorway and there isn't much wind noise but there is a lot of road noise.
This is likely to change on the 16" wheels and Yokohama Eco tyres.
Rei

Post by Rei »

bogga wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:30 pm
Rei wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:04 pm I tried it today on the motorway and there isn't much wind noise but there is a lot of road noise.
I hope so.
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

bogga wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:30 pm
Are they the standard tyres that come with the 16” wheels do you know?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post