Honda E Reviews

All Honda E related discussions
Rei

Post by Rei »

Thanks, seems quite nippy. I wonder how much of that is the drivetrain and how much is the pedestrian warning. It doesn't sound unpleasant like the Leaf one if it is the pedestrian warning. Seems like a quiet car.

Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

I think that is road And motor noise. So quite quiet
Had to check again but he switched to sport mode. And seemed to go quite well
Rei

Post by Rei »

It's always hard to tell on these videos, the noise depends so much on the microphone set up.
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

Here's a collection of sounds produced by different electric cars – including the Honda e:
https://automobilrevue.ch/2020/05/05/ka ... hrklaenge/
However, the sample appears to be of bad quality...

Ha: listen to the Fiat 500e (gnihihihi)!
Rei

Post by Rei »

Wow the Fiat is actually kind of amazing.

They say the Audi should sound expensive but it sounds like a cheap 1980s sci fi movie to me.
keithr

Post by keithr »

If you don't like noisy cars, then don't buy a smart fortwo electric drive. They suffer from incredibly bad road noise. They're quiet at low speeds, but the faster you go the noisier it gets. It's fairly loud by 30mph, very noisy by 50mph, incredibly noisy at 60mph - a few minutes of that would probably give you a headache. It sounds like every plastic and metal body panel is vibrating like a drum - terrible. A shame, because it spoils an otherwise good car (I've had 3 pertol powered smart fortwo's, which I enjoyed for many years of driving). If it hadn't have been for the noise I would have bought one a couple of years ago. They were only about £16,500 pounds then - the cheapest electric car you could buy (except that the dealers couldn't supply you with one for over a year after the launch!). If you like the tight 9.2m kerb-to-kerb turning circle of the Honda e, you'd love the 6.95m kerb-to-kerb turning circle of the mart fortwo.
Last edited by keithr on Thu May 07, 2020 12:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Rei

Post by Rei »

I have to admit that if I had the window open I always turned the noise off in my Leaf. It was that annoying.
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

More images and a short clip of the car in black: https://www.goingelectric.de/forum/view ... 7&start=10

(Sorry for linking to other forums – with respect to the Honda e nothing will beat www.hondaeforums.com !)
Rei

Post by Rei »

I like how the doors open really wide on Hondas.
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

Nothing new - however, some scenes starring a black Honda E and a Dutch driver...

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post