Honda E Reviews

All Honda E related discussions
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

RAL7004 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 5:45 pm

Nothing new - however, some scenes starring a black Honda E and a Dutch driver...
Tomorrow I can take a test drive in this black e at my own dealer in Utrecht. It is the only one with a license plate in the Netherlands and goes to all dealers (who are left ...) for test drives. Already had a test drive in this car in march before the lock down at the dealer in Rotterdam. I'll try to post some photos.

He likes the e but notes that the price is too high and the trunk too small. That's what all journalists here in the Netherlands say about the e. They are very surprised how well the e drives. Almost like a MINI.
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only

RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

iHansz wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:28 am Tomorrow I can take a test drive in this black e at my own dealer in Utrecht. It is the only one with a license plate in the Netherlands and goes to all dealers (who are left ...) for test drives. Already had a test drive in this car in march before the lock down at the dealer in Rotterdam. I'll try to post some photos.
Great! Couldn't make it here in Berlin because the offer was too short of notice.

Would it be possible to ask you for some specific photos or videos during your test drive?
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

iHansz wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:28 am
RAL7004 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 5:45 pm

Nothing new - however, some scenes starring a black Honda E and a Dutch driver...
Tomorrow I can take a test drive in this black e at my own dealer in Utrecht. It is the only one with a license plate in the Netherlands and goes to all dealers (who are left ...) for test drives. Already had a test drive in this car in march before the lock down at the dealer in Rotterdam. I'll try to post some photos.

He likes the e but notes that the price is too high and the trunk too small. That's what all journalists here in the Netherlands say about the e. They are very surprised how well the e drives. Almost like a MINI.
Can you please check if you can have no regen at all in D? Or level 1 regen is the lowest and cannot switch it off completely? I need to coast properly and not put it in N every time.
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

RAL7004 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:28 am
iHansz wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:28 am Tomorrow I can take a test drive in this black e at my own dealer in Utrecht. It is the only one with a license plate in the Netherlands and goes to all dealers (who are left ...) for test drives. Already had a test drive in this car in march before the lock down at the dealer in Rotterdam. I'll try to post some photos.
Great! Couldn't make it here in Berlin because the offer was too short of notice.

Would it be possible to ask you for some specific photos or videos during your test drive?
Normally I would say of course, but I have very limited time to test drive (just 15 min), because, there is a long waiting list tomorrow and the car must be disinfected and charged before the next test driver. And probably someone from Honda Benelux will also be in the car, because that was also the case at the test drive in Rotterdam.
1st registered Oct 2020
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

Ahh – Sure, fully understand.

But please check the issue Reuben80 raised. This is an important question! Would love to have the possibility to coast and regenerate when actively breaking....
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

First did not understand exactly what you (Reuben80 and RAL7004) meant, in Dutch you use the word "zeilen" sailing for this. I asked the salesperson and it is not possible. You are always regenerate, didn't put the gear lever in N while driving. The reason is that it is a city car and not an autobahn cruiser they said. :?
1st registered Oct 2020
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

iHansz wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:52 am First did not understand exactly what you (Reuben80 and RAL7004) meant, in Dutch you use the word "zeilen" sailing for this. I asked the salesperson and it is not possible. You are always regenerate, didn't put the gear lever in N while driving. The reason is that it is a city car and not an autobahn cruiser they said. :?

Ah. That's a pity.
This means: there is always "one pedal driving" – albeit to varying degrees?
The Porsche Taycan does this quite nicely (https://www.greencarreports.com/news/11 ... al-driving)
In German it is called "segeln", too...
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

RAL7004 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 12:07 pm
iHansz wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:52 am First did not understand exactly what you (Reuben80 and RAL7004) meant, in Dutch you use the word "zeilen" sailing for this. I asked the salesperson and it is not possible. You are always regenerate, didn't put the gear lever in N while driving. The reason is that it is a city car and not an autobahn cruiser they said. :?

Ah. That's a pity.
This means: there is always "one pedal driving" – albeit to varying degrees?
The Porsche Taycan does this quite nicely (https://www.greencarreports.com/news/11 ... al-driving)
In German it is called "segeln", too...
I asked it explicitly and mentioned the Porsche Taycan as example. However, it is not possible to disconnect the wheels from the electro engine or brakes, they are always connected (expect in N). The one-pedal-drive capability is great. You can make it heavier or lighter with the paddles behind the wheel. I figured it out so much that I could really drive with one pedal. I never want anything else and can finally send my left leg on vacation. :lol: But you have to turn it on again every time you get back in the car and start the "engine" it has no memory.
1st registered Oct 2020
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

Thank you iHansz for checking. No regen is for effeciency, 1 pedal is for comfortability. It's a pity that you cannot switch it off like the Hyundai and VW egolf. I have to use the N then and switch back to D to regen. The honda e has 3 levels of regen with the 1 pedal mode and 4 levels without the 1 pedal mode. Whatever excuse they say does not make sense. Going forward without using energy is the best.
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

What is it with people wanting to be able to take their foot completely off the accelerator and have the car coast? I can’t see how that contributes to efficiency. You just leave the accelerator depressed to the point whereby you are maintaining a constant speed, adjusting for gradient etc., you know, just like normal driving. 🤷‍♂️ (There will always be a point in the pedal’s travel that is between acceleration and deceleration, i.e. coasting, you just have to find it). If having to constantly modulate the accelerator pedal is burdensome, use the adaptive cruise control! 🤪

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post