How does white look when dirty

All Honda E related discussions
NeedTypeR

Post by NeedTypeR »

Anyone who has a white e able to share a pic or video of how it looks when a bit naturally dirty? I'm wondering if the two tone nature might make it a bit more forgiving than other white cars or whether going for a white one would mean it really needs to be kept immaculate for it to look good.

On a separate note, why is red not available in the UK?? :cry: It looks so good....

scotty c

Post by scotty c »

this is why i went for Grey, although my wife wanted black, but she never washes the cars.

100% red would have been my first choice and defiantly my 3 year old sons choice (all racing cars are red).
HondaR84

Post by HondaR84 »

I have a white one and work in a dusty/muddy boat yard and we have had constant rain for what feels like the last 6 years here in Sheffield. I like to look after my paint work (hydrophobic coatings etc) so a lot of mucky runs straight off and the white doesn't look that dirty, the black however is a nightmare. The roof and rear light panel in particular are really hard work but unfortunately you don't get any choice on the colour of those.
NeedTypeR

Post by NeedTypeR »

scotty c wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:08 am this is why i went for Grey, although my wife wanted black, but she never washes the cars.

100% red would have been my first choice and defiantly my 3 year old sons choice (all racing cars are red).
I've waffled so much. My 3 year old really wanted yellow and then really wanted grey just because that's what we test drove. My wife wanted grey or black. I initially really wanted the blue then gravitated to the grey then the black.

Then I found one in white that I could get a good deal on and started to like it more and more. I ended up with a choice of grey or white at roughly the same price and surprised myself just now but putting a deposit down on the white.
HondaR84 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:52 am I have a white one and work in a dusty/muddy boat yard and we have had constant rain for what feels like the last 6 years here in Sheffield. I like to look after my paint work (hydrophobic coatings etc) so a lot of mucky runs straight off and the white doesn't look that dirty, the black however is a nightmare. The roof and rear light panel in particular are really hard work but unfortunately you don't get any choice on the colour of those.
This is super useful, thanks! Hahaha I used to be really diligent about stuff like this but in all honesty have gotten really careless about even just regular washing since my kid was born. It's even worse since we switched to click and collect during covid because I used to at least get hand washes at the track parking lot because those guys were really good (possibly because I had an A45 and went to them often enough they knew me).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post