Auto lock and unlock

All Honda E related discussions
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

In “Shit Honda promise in their sales blurb but never deliver” episode number *I’ve now lost count*:

I noticed this today on the UK website.

AFEF089C-2659-44DD-BE50-92DD327AF731.jpeg

Appalling English sentence structure aside, the e neither opens nor unlocks itself when you’re nearby, it merely pops out the handles (except when it doesn’t).

You also completely need to manually lock the door. There’s no auto lock.

Not very “Smarty” in my view.

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

I'd love to know if there's actually even one advertised 'smart' feature that works as advertised.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

londiniumperson wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 11:31 am I'd love to know if there's actually even one advertised 'smart' feature that works as advertised.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
Larbor

Post by Larbor »

I don’t see the problem to be honest. It does unlock when you’re nearby. This is the default setting. Nowhere does it say that it locks automatically. You can lock it without a keyfob though.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

renedekat wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:06 pm I don’t see the problem to be honest. It does unlock when you’re nearby. This is the default setting. Nowhere does it say that it locks automatically. You can lock it without a keyfob though.
Sorry to be pedantic, but it does not unlock, as @rickwookie has stated:
it merely pops out the handles
Also I've underlined some text 'No need to manually lock' from the original post. If this is not implying auto locking, then nothing needs to be manually locked, i.e. every single vehicle & house, they could all be left unlocked all the time and that would mean Smarty Entry for everyone.

Smarty Entry & Start.jpg

2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Larbor

Post by Larbor »

If you’re really pedantic you could call touching the door handle to lock it, manual. But they make a point of mentioning the keyfob.
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

renedekat wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 12:33 pm If you’re really pedantic you could call touching the door handle to lock it, manual. But they make a point of mentioning the keyfob.
I mean, touching it with your hand is the very definition of "manual". By your logic, my Mk 1 Fiesta had auto locking because I didn't need to use the fob (by virtue of it not existing).
darrenj1

Post by darrenj1 »

Try opening the car key fob still in your house, The door does unlock when you bring the fob near automatically.
Accord

Post by Accord »

I think most non-US cars are like this - they won't automatically lock. You have to use the (touch-)button on the handle to lock.
While it doesn't "move the locks" when you walk past the car, it does register you and present the handles, so it's ready to be unlocked.

It's the same with most cars, they either unlock by you touching/pulling the handle, or they need you to push a button first.

My Mercedes S-class had both touch and pull-sensors to unlock, but you always had to click the button on the handle to lock.
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

Accord wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:50 pm I think most non-US cars are like this - they won't automatically lock. You have to use the (touch-)button on the handle to lock.
While it doesn't "move the locks" when you walk past the car, it does register you and present the handles, so it's ready to be unlocked.

It's the same with most cars, they either unlock by you touching/pulling the handle, or they need you to push a button first.

My Mercedes S-class had both touch and pull-sensors to unlock, but you always had to click the button on the handle to lock.
I haven't had a car that didn't lock itself if the key wasn't present for 60 or more seconds with the car turned off.
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post