Does anyone have the Drive Recorder

All Honda E related discussions
grayw

Post by grayw »

Seems an inordinate loom for it to only supply permanent and switched power to a stand alone camera system. Also interfaces with the vehicle wiring looms on the 20 pin connector, and comes with a massive 20 A fuse. What am i missing?

EEEE

Post by EEEE »

I can only guess that it takes a single signal or feed from the 20pin connector - possibly SRS related so that the device knows to save/record in the event of something the car triggers (rather than the recorder itself which has a g sensor)? I may connect to it and check what options are available, it may then be obvious what other signal is incorporated from the 20pin loom passthrough.
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
grayw

Post by grayw »

Keawon wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:16 am
londiniumperson wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:06 pm If someone decides to purchase one to fit themselves, then hopefully it'll come with detailed installation instructions just like the armrest did.
Then if that person is willing to post them on here we'll find out where it's connected to for power source.
I use Blackvue dashcam front and rear with batterypack for parking recording.

But here comes installation and usermanual for Hondas Drive Recorder.
Thanks for these.
grayw

Post by grayw »

EEEE wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:44 am I can only guess that it takes a single signal or feed from the 20pin connector - possibly SRS related so that the device knows to save/record in the event of something the car triggers (rather than the recorder itself which has a g sensor)? I may connect to it and check what options are available, it may then be obvious what other signal is incorporated from the 20pin loom passthrough.
would definitely be interesting to look through the schematics.
nyx

Post by nyx »

The beeping is presumably when the car in front starts moving, as mentioned on https://www.greenacrehonda.com/service- ... e-recorder.
stefruit

Post by stefruit »

Just bought a ex demo honda e (UK) and part of the deal they are fitting the drive recorder.
It costs £495 fitted normally.
Picking the car up on the 26 feb.
Accord

Post by Accord »

That loom, connecting between the 22-pin connector, it seems excessive? Especially since ground is from another bolt.
Also, what is that plug in the fuse box for? Is that for accessory, and is it using that fuse no 7?

The install is pretty straight forward, looks like any BlackVue install I’ve done. I feel that’s the only brand I’d want to install, mainly because they’re updating their products often, and it’s easy to configure to your preferences. No beeping etc unless you want it. Voice message for the exact messages you like.

But I’ve usually used a couple of fuse taps though, one for constant power (parking mode) and one for acc.

It also seems like the original is only recording for 3 minutes while parked?!
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

I would fit another manufacturers one if I had the choice. The fact it can't record the rear when the car is littered with cameras is quite something.
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
Accord

Post by Accord »

Exactly. It’s integrated in the power loom, but in no way the car.
I’d like to see it showing messages etc in the infotainment system for that price.

I’ll be picking up BlackVue soon.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post