Does anyone have the Drive Recorder

All Honda E related discussions
555djx

Post by 555djx »

Mol wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:30 pm Hi, I live in Belgium and its a genuine Honda E option
As it is in the UK.
The description at this link location, even though showing crv, specifically mentions the e, fitted for £400.
https://www.crownhonda.co.uk/honda-owne ... logue/crv/
2021 SEAT Mii electric Tornado Red 09/21 - 11/22 & 04/23 to ??
2017 Honda Civic 1.5L VTEC Turbo Prestige Auto Orchid White Pearl 12/22 to ??
2022 Citroën Ami Pop 11/22 - 04/23
2020 Honda e Advance Platinum White Pearl on 17s 12/20 - 12/22

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

I've emailed Crown Honda asking how much the Drive Recorder is unfitted & I see that it can link to the rear camera as well:
Compatible with vehicle rear camera
Typical of the disorganised Honda, where this item isn't in the Honda e brochure or website as an accessary :roll:

I just love the way the marketing team spout bollocks:
The Genuine Honda Drive Recorder is much more than a recording device.
Nowhere does it say what it does other than record :roll:

@Mol
Let us know when the Drive Recorder is fitted, what it's like & if it does actually link to the rear camera (though I very much doubt that it will).
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Keawon

Post by Keawon »

In Sweden, we have this information about it. Its says can not combined with reverse camera.

Drive recorder.jpg

Marmite

Post by Marmite »

Ohhh excited, I'm all eyes and ears... Please share any information!!
2020 e Advance : Modern Steel Metallic + blue accent :mrgreen:
londiniumperson

Keawon wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:23 pm In Sweden, we have this information about it. Its says can not combined with reverse camera.

Drive recorder.jpg

I've used Google translate to convert all of the text to English:
The new Honda Drive Recorder is the latest useful technology that is designed to give a little more peace of mind in the event of a collision. It records continuous front video and audio. Not possible to combine with reversing camera in the Honda e Advance model. Movable 1080P FULL HD Front Camera (1920 X 1080) 138 ° Camera viewing angle (adjustable) Removable 16 GB SD card included - 2 hours recording time Integrated microphone Integrated G sensor - Static HD focus area: 2 m HDMI picture output and wireless connection Supports wireless connection with smartphone: iOS and Android devices
londiniumperson

FYI Cox Motor Parts (https://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/) currently don't sell this for customer fit.
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

Random search found this, slightly more writing but without e mentioning & with useless * marks (ie. rear view camera compatible etc).

https://www.greenacrehonda.com/service- ... e-recorder

I'm not driving to Lancashire for £1 cheaper deal though :lol: ... currently asking my dealer for their offering ...
2020 e Advance : Modern Steel Metallic + blue accent :mrgreen:
ZoeDave

Post by ZoeDave »

Am I missing something or is this just an overpriced dashcam?

Having said that, I would probably pay the price for the neat fitting and some degree of manufacturer support. Removing the possibility of a dealer claiming that an air freshener (or dashcam) caused your rear bumper to fall off, become sentient, deflate your tyres, and invade the Isle of Wight is worth at least some money in my book. If it did link in to any of the other cameras on the car, it would actually be good value.
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

Well don't I feel special!?

I picked up my Honda E (ex demonstrator) only yesterday and on the journey back from the dealer I had a few triple beeps that I couldn't place in the cabin. Checked all the displays, nothing to note so it left me confused.

Only when I was charging up at the petrol station, I had a chance to look around the interior a little more, and now notice I have the drive recorder fitted as pictured at the bottom of this page:

https://www.crownhonda.co.uk/honda-owne ... logue/crv/

I believe the triple beep is either the G sensor activating over rough ground, or file size limit hit or similar. it only happened 4 or 5 times in 100 miles.

I shall go and fish out the memory card and see what the recording is like. I suspect I may even have several customer test drives along with the sales managers daily commute. I suspect it is not integrated with the rear camera.

I shall report back shortly!
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

Without much investigation, its just a stick on dash cam that is not integrated with the car other than being wired in very neatly - I did not even see it hiding behind the rear view mirror assembly...

Upon inspecting the SD card, it had been wiped with my footage as I had exceeded the capacity on my few hours with the car. Worth asking whenever visiting a dealer about any fitted dash cams - your test drives (and conversation with spouse) may have been recorded without your knowledge. Im sure they would have had a good laugh, my wife was quite the back seat driver and fretting as well as delivering an ear bashing regarding the cost lol.

On the SD card are 4 folders, in each of which is an F and R subfolder (For front and rear I assume, R folder is always empty). Each video is 1min long and around 57mb in size.

Emer - footage triggered by bumps/g sensor I assume)
Manual - footage when you wave your hand near the device - includes exciting video of the windscreen being cleaned inside at the dealers
Normal - this seems to be almost my entire journey home, although the SD card was only 16gb , 14,800mb usable, only gives you about 4 hours of footage. Perhaps opt for the 32gb.
Park - some footage from when the vehicle was parked and sensed some movement, only a few clips on there, mostly false positives (windy trees, other car headlights etc).

I would say the quality is OK, but not the best out there. If someone clipped you whilst parked and sped by at more than 15mph, you probably wouldn't catch the plate. On the motorway as cars pass you with a 5mph differential, there is enough time to get the plate, but anything more than 15m awayand the lens/sensor combo is not good enough to pick out the detail. I might be a bit harsh on it as someone who likes cameras, it's certainly not terrible or unusable.

I will try and find the app/website where it can be controlled. By default mine is not recording sound, and there is no speed or position overlay (hopefully customisable via an app of sorts).

Cheers,

Scott
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post