£800 reservations.

All Honda E related discussions
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Was any one else as shocked as I was to discover that Honda only received 200 pre-order registrations?!

For a car that has generated so much interest and in a buying environment where you can have to wait over a year to get new EVs (see Kia e-Niro), I’m amazed that this figure is so low.

It does make me think that the manufacturers need to do LOTS more to get mass adoption of EVs to happen.

RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

200 pre-orders in the UK? Where did you find that?

Well, PR seems not to be Honda's strength. Maybe they are not interested or capable of really mass producing the car.
Look what Porsche is doing with respect to the Taycan. Brand-new (and huge) production facilities in Stuttgart, a lot of PR and a strong commitment with respect to electrification.
On the other hand: We all know what the head of Honda thinks...
s2ke

Post by s2ke »

well i did the reservation twice and it never took my money so maybe thats why :D
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

rickwookie wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:01 am Was any one else as shocked as I was to discover that Honda only received 200 pre-order registrations?!

For a car that has generated so much interest and in a buying environment where you can have to wait over a year to get new EVs (see Kia e-Niro), I’m amazed that this figure is so low.

It does make me think that the manufacturers need to do LOTS more to get mass adoption of EVs to happen.
Was that 200 pre-order registrations or 200 actual confirmed orders?

With all the hype from the journos I would have expected more than 200 refundable deposits being placed , however from my experience of the actual order process then I can well believe only 200 actual confirmed priority orders. I had to repeatedly hound my local dealer as well as phoning & emailing the Honda-e team several times and even then only just managed to get my order in before the deadline of 31st October to keep my priority delivery.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

londiniumperson wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:22 am
rickwookie wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:01 am Was any one else as shocked as I was to discover that Honda only received 200 pre-order registrations?!

Was that 200 pre-order registrations or 200 actual confirmed orders?

With all the hype from the journos I would have expected more than 200 refundable deposits being placed , however from my experience of the actual order process then I can well believe only 200 actual confirmed priority orders. I had to repeatedly hound my local dealer as well as phoning & emailing the Honda-e team several times and even then only just managed to get my order in before the deadline of 31st October to keep my priority delivery.
Refundable deposits apparently.
"Places where you stop and start frequently are where Honda reckons the E will find buyers: it’s not for you if you want to go far, it admits. Most of the 200 UK deposits it has taken are from Greater London, where the ambitious asking price and limited range are presumably less of an issue."