Leather seats

All Honda E related discussions
Ksp

Post by Ksp »

Hi everyone! Someone knows which markets offer leather seats. Sadly can't get them in Slovenia.
I would love my blue E to have brown ones. Anyone has that combination?

Isow

Post by Isow »

No, sorry.
A member replied here several months ago that he ordered the black leather seats.
When the car arrived, the black seats were more a dark grey in colour and not a deep
black.
He was disappointed.
Be aware !
bossjohnc

Post by bossjohnc »

I think the 'black' leather also results in black seatbelts.

I've ordered brown leather (car is grey) and take delivery in about a week.

Edit - looking at official pictures I could be wrong on belts, but thought I saw that somewhere on the forum
bogga

Post by bogga »

bossjohnc wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:29 pm I think the 'black' leather also results in black seatbelts.

I've ordered brown leather (car is grey) and take delivery in about a week.

Edit - looking at official pictures I could be wrong on belts, but thought I saw that somewhere on the forum
I've got black leather seats with brown seat belts
5thcivic

Post by 5thcivic »

Me too.
bossjohnc

Post by bossjohnc »

Yeah, I misunderstood another post. Someone with black leather said they didn't get brown seat belts. I think they were trying to say they didn't like/understand them.

Went to complete paperwork on mine yesterday, picking up tomorrow! I have brown leather to match the belts!
ZoeDave

Post by ZoeDave »

Hello all,

Sorry to slightly hijack the thread, but I'm also very interested in getting an e with the leather seats. I took a test drive today, and although the dealer apparently has sold more of the car than the rest of the UK put together, they have only sold a handful with leather.

Now, while I loved most of the car, the seat left me with a bit of a backache, and as they have very basic adjustments (only front-back, up-down, backrest tilt as far as I can tell, the lack of lumbar support is disappointing), that does worry me as I only drove it for 30 min at most. I understand that there is very little different in the leather option other than the material itself, but I have a slight hope that I might find it more comfortable.

As the dealer can't find a car with the leather for me to sit in, I have two questions for you all:

1. Does anyone else, especially if you (like me) aren't endowed with a small and flab-free backside, find the seats uncomfortable? If so are there any solutions?

2. If anyone here has had the privilege of sitting in both the leather and standard seats, did you feel any difference?

Thank you to anyone who has bothered to read this far!
Nebrog23

Post by Nebrog23 »

As far as I am aware the leather seats are literally just a replacement seat cover so from a support point of view they will be the same.
Personally I find the seats really comfortable but the seating position a little compromised. I’m 6ft and would like a bit more steering wheel reach.
In comparison to my previous civic I find the seats are much more comfortable and have much better lumbar support although none adjustable!
5thcivic

Post by 5thcivic »

I have the leather, which is only in the front (back headrests are leather) and can't say the comfort is any different to the standard. The seats are fine for me (6ft and not overweight!) even though my other is a civic with the full motor control of lumbar and side grip etc etc.
Isow

Post by Isow »

5thcivic wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:57 pm I have the leather, which is only in the front (back headrests are leather) and can't say the comfort is any different to the standard. The seats are fine for me (6ft and not overweight!) even though my other is a civic with the full motor control of lumbar and side grip etc etc.
Price of leather seats is crazy, as you say it is only for the front seats !