App Audio Volumes

All Honda E related discussions
SuperRocket61

Post by SuperRocket61 »

I'm embarrassed to ask such a simple question but how do I control DAB / FM / Navigation volumes independently?

I currently have the situation that when the radio and the navigation are both on the Navigation audio is too low to hear.

Can I turn off the DAB and FM apps individually? I have not found an off switch for apps.

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Have a look at these pages (329 & 277) from the manual, they might be helpful start point:

Page 329 (System Volumes).png

Page 277 (Speed Volume Compensation).png

2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
SuperRocket61

Post by SuperRocket61 »

Thanks for that.
After much experimentation I may be getting a grip on this.

The DAB and FM apps cannot be stopped, you just switch to something else or silence them with the Audio On/Off button or the Volume knob. You can remove them from the screen with the Back icon.

The Audio On/Off button does not affect the Navigation audio.

The most strange behaviour (to me) is that the Volume knob controls what you are listening to at any particular moment. In particular if Navigation Guidance is playing, the Volume knob affects the Navigation volume BUT ONLY WHEN IT IS PLAYING. As soon as the Navigation Guidance ends the volume knob goes back to controlling the radio volume. This is hardly intuitive.

I was also puzzled why I could not mute the Navigation Guidance. I could turn it down with the Volume button but not off entirely. The answer lies in General Settings>System>System Volumes>Navigation Guidance. If this is not set to zero you don't seem to be able to mute the Navigation. The volume sliders shown here (for example the navigation volume) do go up and down with volume knob adjustments which gave me the clue that the knob does different things at different times. The method of implementing the volume knob seems to have necessitated this - you can't turn up the volume of occasional announcements when you can't hear them!

This all seems ridiculously contrived. A volume control/mute within the Navigation app like in other satnavs would make so much more sense.

Please tell me if I have got this wrong....
londiniumperson

Your experience of the volume settings seems to match how I find it works, though I haven't been able use the inbuilt navigation for many weeks due to it being fubar'd on my car therefore I didn't realise that the Audio On/Off button does not affect the Navigation audio.
SuperRocket61

Post by SuperRocket61 »

Incidentally, no one's manual page numbers seem to relate to my 2020 paper manual. Are you referring to an online manual?
londiniumperson

SuperRocket61 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:46 pm Incidentally, no one's manual page numbers seem to relate to my 2020 paper manual. Are you referring to an online manual?
Yes, I'm using/quoting the 2021 online version pages.