Decent boot mat?

All Honda E related discussions
schodoodles

Post by schodoodles »

Hi guys,

Has anyone found a decent boot mat that fits the E yet?
I've seen a few posts on here regarding the extortionately priced Honda one that's not very good and a DIY effort from an old mat but wondered if any 3rd parties have yet to produce a design yet? I've fitted a trimmable rubber boot mat for now but looks as rough as you'd expect.
I managed to find some decent fitted rubber car mats for under £30 so saved buying Honda's pricey ones so was hoping this wouldn't be so difficult!

Thanks,
John

SuperRocket61

Post by SuperRocket61 »

I haven't found anyone else with a boot mat. I bought 3mm coin rubber garage flooring matting from Amazon, made a paper template and cut it to fit with a craft knife and scissors. My wife is extremely pleased with it. We rarely have passengers so a second piece for the back of the rear seats has given us a very smart estate car for two!
bogga

Post by bogga »

SuperRocket61 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:34 am I haven't found anyone else with a boot mat. I bought 3mm coin rubber garage flooring matting from Amazon, made a paper template and cut it to fit with a craft knife and scissors. My wife is extremely pleased with it. We rarely have passengers so a second piece for the back of the rear seats has given us a very smart estate car for two!
Photos would be great, and any links to procure the garage flooring
SuperRocket61

Post by SuperRocket61 »

I'd like to submit photos and a link but I have failed to find out how to do that...... The FAQ was no help at all.
Karl V

Post by Karl V »

SuperRocket61 wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:31 pm I'd like to submit photos and a link but I have failed to find out how to do that...... The FAQ was no help at all.

Click on Full Editor & Preview, then you see Attachment options.

1.jpg

2.jpg

SuperRocket61

Post by SuperRocket61 »

Ah ha. Many thanks Karl.

So here's a photo of the home made boot mats as requested. The rubber sheeting is here https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01 ... UTF8&psc=1 1.5m by 2m was plenty for both mats. It has a strong smell for a week or two but left outside it soon fades.

Mats LR.jpg

bogga

Post by bogga »

Looks great!
schodoodles

Post by schodoodles »

Wow that looks fantastic! Thanks SuperRocket61 - think I might copy your idea there! :)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post