MyHonda+

All Honda E related discussions
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Is it possible that you've attempted to link 2 different accounts to your MyHonda+ app?

This happened to me and and the only way was for the Honda connected services team to unlink both of them and then I was able to start the MyHonda+ registration process from scratch.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current

Parker87

Post by Parker87 »

I don't think so but I've been firing off different passwords so I might have overloaded the system (mine included!). I sent an enquiry form to CS so I'll see how that goes. Thanks for your help.
londiniumperson

Have you seen the customer Instructions previously posted @Advance2020 ?
viewtopic.php?p=3053#p3053
Parker87

Post by Parker87 »

I hadn't no LP. That's very helpful - I'll have a read. I suspect that the problem is that I downloaded the My Honda+ app to my phone and then tried to register before getting my car, so before Honda were ready for me. Ho hum. ๐Ÿ™‚
londiniumperson

The most important thing to note is to only select the 'Core Connectivity' when initially setting up the MyHonda+ app, once it is working then you are free to select the other subscriptions.
If you attempt to select other packages in addition to this at the initial setup, then nothing will work.
Parker87

Post by Parker87 »

Thanks LP. I'm going to run the risk of being sacrilegious and ungrateful now but if I decide that the app just isn't worth the bother, would I suffer any serious practical disadvantages? My car will be kept in an integral garage maybe 15 paces from my sitting room and having read about how much grief and time this app thing has cost so many of you, I'd rather just nip to the garage to check the charge, the windows etc. The app seems to be a classic case of technology hindering rather than helping. Similarly, I have no interest whatsoever in the digital key. Luddite I know but I've been following the Polestar forum for quite a while and it's the same there - the amount of energy and time expended on fretting over their app is staggering. For me, if the car drives well, is comfortable and reliable, gives me satnav and Radio 6 music, that's enough! Similarly, I'm not at all convinced that many driving aids aren't more dangerous than protective as drivers are fiddling about pressing buttons and checking screens rather than concentrating on plain old driving. Sorry if I've given offence and I know, I should probably stick to my MX5... ๐Ÿ˜•
Last edited by Parker87 on Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FMIB

Post by FMIB »

Overall I think the app is useful and worth having. In my opinion its more useful than the apps I've used before from BMW and Citroen. My only issue is when I open it, the little wheel rotates saying its updating, but its not, so its shows unlocked etc when its not. I have to tap the app to force an update and then its all fine. Just wish it did this immediately on opening the app
Parker87

Post by Parker87 »

Glad you're finding it useful FMIB. Long may it continue. ๐Ÿ™‚
ZoeDave

Post by ZoeDave »

New features in cars seem to be a bit like throwing different types of mud at a wall and seeing which will stick. Some seem like obvious must-haves and some like stupid frivolities, and often their roles reverse after using them for a while. An example: I've never found blind spot monitors nearly as useful as I had expected, as I can move my neck fine, but I'd never pass up the option of a heated steering wheel.

In the end, you paid for the car, and it's up to you what you decide is helpful and what is pointless. I would recommend having a bit of a play around though to decide - it's part of the fun of getting a new car. But unless there is a selectable 'don't drive into group of nuns' option, nobody should care or judge.

For me, I've managed to get the app working after a quick trip back to the dealer and have the same problem that it says that it's unlocked when it clearly isn't. I'm yet to be certain that the pre-heat on the key works, but if I confirm that it does the app will be relegated to an occasional curiosity.
Parker87

Post by Parker87 »

I agree that new owners should try all these features. Funnily enough, I've never had a heated steering wheel before and I wouldn't have specc'd it so I look forward to being enlightened on that one.