Can’t get traffic in Nav to work on new E

All Honda E related discussions
Adamski

Post by Adamski »

Hi, my new e advance searches for traffic but will not lock on and indicates there are no subscriptions available. Has anyone else had this problem and any suggestions to resolve? Thanks in advance

rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Hi Adamski and welcome to the forum.

I wasn’t even aware that the in-built Nav was traffic aware tbh. I used it this week for the first time in ages after CarPlay stopped working for me, and it certainly didn’t behave as though it was considering traffic with the route it was trying to take me.

I’ll have a look.
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

It uses radio based traffic data, I guess it depends where you live/drive as to how good a signal you get. Here is totally pants.
Ex e owner
Sousaphone

Post by Sousaphone »

milligoon wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:23 pm It uses radio based traffic data, I guess it depends where you live/drive as to how good a signal you get. Here is totally pants.
And in Denmark it seems entirely unsupported (i.e. no traffic data transmitted by radio), so there are probably entire countries where that's the case. Hit that issue today, with surprise roadworks and associated traffic as a bonus addition to my drive.
Adamski

Post by Adamski »

Thanks for the responses, I was wondering if anyone in the UK has traffic working on their sat nav???

Is it just me or all UK cars?

Thanks!
Jan44

Post by Jan44 »

My Honda E Advance is still on order, but my Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV satnav is supposed to receive TMC (Traffic Management Control) messages and display them but it hasn't done so for months - I think maybe TMC has disappeared in UK, but don't know for sure. It was always pretty useless anyway. I expect I will be using Goggle Maps on my new E.
ZoeDave

Post by ZoeDave »

Jan44 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:08 pm My Honda E Advance is still on order, but my Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV satnav is supposed to receive TMC (Traffic Management Control) messages and display them but it hasn't done so for months - I think maybe TMC has disappeared in UK, but don't know for sure. It was always pretty useless anyway. I expect I will be using Goggle Maps on my new E.
I did a little bit of digging, and the TMC data is/was transmitted on ClassicFM, so it might be worth seeing what your signal for that is, but I have seen a few mentions that it may have been turned off. Seems a shame to me as even though mobile data is always going to provide more information it's never a bad thing to have a backup and I can't see it freeing up any useful bandwidth if RDS is going to soldier on.
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

When I need SatNav, and that's not often, I use Google Maps, via CarPlay from my iPhone. Real time traffic displays are helpful. But Google re-routing to avoid heavy traffic was amazing, travelling back one Friday afternoon, from North Devon, when A303 had a problem. I couldn't believe the volume of traffic being diverted along country lanes, and I had a great view of Yeovilton Air Base. Had not realised how big it had grown.
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post