Sat Nav

All Honda E related discussions
Jan44

Post by Jan44 »

My e Advance is on order, but I cant find answer to these 2 questions.

1 Does the Honda Sat Nav give verbal instructions and if so can the voice be altered in any way? e.g. male/female etc

2. Which is best for navigation, Honda Sat Nav or Google maps with car play?

Thanks for any thoughts

tim.uk

Post by tim.uk »

I haven't really used the built-in satnav, as it is always going to be out of date.
Use Waze - always up to date, even with roadworks and current traffic.
ZoeDave

Post by ZoeDave »

If you don't mind me adding to the questions: Does the e navigation alert you to speed cameras?

Just to be clear, I'm the type to panic if I've gone past a 30 camera at an indicated 32, instead of trying to push my luck and do 50 in a 20 zone. Still amazes me though how often I leave cars with 0-60 times half that of my Zone in the dust at traffic lights without breaking a single law...
schodoodles

Post by schodoodles »

I used the Garmin SatNav when returning from the dealer (160+ mile trip) and found it was fine but bar having it on screen haven't used it much since as given this is a city car most of the short trips it takes don't need any nav assistance. I didn't have the voice volume up though but assume it's going to be a standard Garmin and these settings can be altered. It does warn you for speed cameras.
As for whats best - personal preference but as per tim.uk, Google Maps, Waze or maybe ZapMap will be better as they will be updated more frequently than your car maps.
keithr

Post by keithr »

schodoodles wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:11 am It does warn you for speed cameras.
Well my Honda e (UK spec.) has never warned me about any speed cameras. My Nissan LEAF used to provide an audible warning, e.g. a woman's voice saying something like, "In 100 yards - speed camera", which it would always do wether or not you were displaying the sat nav on the screen.

When I search for "speed camera" in the PDF file version of the Navigation Book, it finds no matches.
tim.uk

Post by tim.uk »

Don't forget - they are SAFETY cameras ;)
schodoodles

Post by schodoodles »

My mistake - no camera alerts and I went out and checked too. I was certain I saw some on that long route home but maybe the excitement of the drive got to me with the road sign recognition etc muddled in.

Bit rubbish but at least it has AndroidAuto...