Headlight angle adjust

All Honda E related discussions
Smucker

Post by Smucker »

Does anyone know how to manually adjust the headlight angle?

I’m sure they’re off. Had two oncoming drivers flash me last night and people in front of me doing a ‘go slow’…perhaps in protest to my headlights glaring.

I’ve def. not got my full beams on without realising or anything like that. Just seems the angle has raised far too much.

I’m trying to read the Honda e manual on my phone but can only see it says it’s all automatic via camera…

Sgv

Post by Sgv »

At page 600 of the 2021 year manual it says that the headlight aim is adjusted by factory and only the dealer or a specialized technician can readjust it
keithr

Post by keithr »

Smucker wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:41 pm I’m trying to read the Honda e manual on my phone but can only see it says it’s all automatic via camera…
Don't forget that the Owner's Manual is available as an app in the Honda e - listed in All Apps.
Karl V

Post by Karl V »

There are 2 x 8mm white adjusters on the rear of each headlight unit.

But they are a bit of a pain to get to...

Untitled.jpg

Smucker

Post by Smucker »

That’s great! I might have a go at getting to that. I’m getting flashed several times now and it’s a pain having to go to dealer just to dip the beams a bit.
Well spotted thanks!
bossjohnc

Post by bossjohnc »

Be super careful with those. My last car had HID and those white adjusters (VW). When asked, VW said not to touch them at all, and to do all adjustment by OBD II (computer connected via cable).

It was possible to get some adjustment out of them though.

After several years of ownership my car was in for an MOT and they tried to adjust the beam using these. The internals of the headlamp just disintegrated, something gave way. Result was a new HID, which cost a small fortune.

The Honda may be different of course.
Smucker

Post by Smucker »

:shock:
Maybe I should just take it to Honda after all then!
tim.uk

Post by tim.uk »

Just a thought - the auto-dip function is occasionally erratic. Perhaps that's the issue?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post