Pedestrian warning sound

All Honda E related discussions
Rei

Post by Rei »

It's okay, I don't hate it. The only one I think I've ever really liked was the Fiat 500e one which is ridiculous.

(skip to 0:58)

Highanddry

Post by Highanddry »

That is a fantastic sound!!
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

Wow that's Fellini's movie, Amarcord!!

I like e's sound too - but it would have been fun to make Ice cream van sound :lol: disappointed kids all over the place!
2020 e Advance : Modern Steel Metallic + blue accent :mrgreen:
tim.uk

Post by tim.uk »

Hmmm. I've never heard my car making any noises like that. And I find it easy to scare pedestrians... ;)
SuperRocket61

Post by SuperRocket61 »

I often turn off the low speed braking control (because it senses that I am colliding with a leaf or going around a parked car and slams the anchors hard on) so turning off the pedestrian warning sound would be double jeopardy. I know that the bonnet will pop up but let's not test that! I like that spacey sound anyway.
Rei

Post by Rei »

tim.uk wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:34 am Hmmm. I've never heard my car making any noises like that. And I find it easy to scare pedestrians... ;)
They seem to have done a very good job of making sure you can't hear it in the cabin, even with the windows open. The sound is projected away from the car.
bogga

Post by bogga »

It does stay on until 18mph, but legally it only needs to be until 12mph.. So there must be settings somewhere.......
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

Sorry being off topic, but I enjoyed listening other EV's sounds ever since, eg; https://thenextweb.com/news/we-ranked-t ... ing-noises

I wish e gives some choices - without defeating the object being EV though. If UK Amazon delivery van makes that sound outside of my house I would shoot it! :lol:
2020 e Advance : Modern Steel Metallic + blue accent :mrgreen:
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

Not sure why you would want to turn it off. Most pedestrians seem to rely a lot on sound, esp. in Supermarket car parks. In practice this warning sound is not very loud, and never heard unless background ambient noise is very quiet. And it is very easy to run into to people, who don't look before walking out of a store pushing a trolley, guiding kids etc.

It sounds cool, but doubt that anyone thinks it is a car approaching.
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
Rei

Post by Rei »

In the Leaf it was quite annoying, especially in summer with the window open. I think other cars are better are projecting it away and keeping it out of the cabin.

The expensive ones make a stupid fake fossil noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post