Scalextrics mode

All Honda E related discussions
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

DJ1978 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:14 pm I also like to use the one pedal mode. but only because you can't lock the regeneration in normal driving mode
Thanks for clarifying this for others, who may be new to driving the “e”
A good point. In Normal mode, paddles only work for the brief time that you use them.
Whereas OPM locks in and stays on, allowing you to adjust Chevrons using paddles, if desired.
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons

E_honda

Post by E_honda »

I’m a OPM convert after getting 120 miles out of a “tank”, and that was with 4 big adults going in and then back out of central London.

I got home with 1 mile range showing on the dash, so it was a bit of a nervy journey towards the end.
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

E_honda wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:14 am I’m a OPM convert after getting 120 miles out of a “tank”, and that was with 4 big adults going in and then back out of central London.

I got home with 1 mile range showing on the dash, so it was a bit of a nervy journey towards the end.
Nerves of Steel: maybe you were just lucky, or have a very long charging cable. Not to be recommended. But like that you are a fan of OPM....
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
Humungus

Post by Humungus »

I use OPM all the time around town, except for backward/forward manouvring as I don't like it slamming on the brakes as you stop to change motion. Otherwise it is brilliant! I just wish there was more regen on the normal driving mode and that you could lock you're preferred settings there. I also mis the coasting (no regen at all) setting that my previous Ioniq Electric had. Also regen felt "sharper" on that car as it was front wheel drive. So while normal driving mode could be improved, OPM is almost perfect!
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

Humungus wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:57 am I use OPM all the time around town, except for backward/forward manouvring as I don't like it slamming on the brakes as you stop to change motion. Otherwise it is brilliant! I just wish there was more regen on the normal driving mode and that you could lock you're preferred settings there. I also mis the coasting (no regen at all) setting that my previous Ioniq Electric had. Also regen felt "sharper" on that car as it was front wheel drive. So while normal driving mode could be improved, OPM is almost perfect!
I also wanted the 0 regen option on the E like the Korean cars. It is just an easy setting to do Honda....... why you left it out?.....
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

You can't have overly strong regen on rear wheel drive cars it's all down to physics, would you want the backend loosing grip on the road.

This is shown to a degree in the common drive train used in the i3 and the mini the mini being fwd over the i3 rwd (plus the mini is a little heavier which helps with regen!).

People need to choose between being pulled or pushed, obviously AWD cars can Taylor the regen to be provided by the front motor over the rear motor.
Ex e owner
Humungus

Post by Humungus »

milligoon wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:56 am You can't have overly strong regen on rear wheel drive cars it's all down to physics, would you want the backend loosing grip on the road.

This is shown to a degree in the common drive train used in the i3 and the mini the mini being fwd over the i3 rwd (plus the mini is a little heavier which helps with regen!).

People need to choose between being pulled or pushed, obviously AWD cars can Taylor the regen to be provided by the front motor over the rear motor.
Actually, there is significally more regen in OPM on the Honda then there ever was in the Ioniq, rear wheel drive or not! It just feels different, less direct! Just as acceleration on a front wheel car feels less sharpish, which makes sense If you think about it.

What I don't get is why the max regen in normal driving mode is so much less then in OPM, and why there is no "regen off" setting for coasting. Just a few extra settings, shouldn't be to difficult to implement I would think.
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

For me the amount of regen without the OPM mode is OK, in case I need more regen I just press lightly the brake pedal.
Actually I prefer it as Honda did it that it resets after you accelerate again because I Iike it that I have only to increase the regen level and not decrease it every time. Every stop or corner is different.
bossjohnc

Post by bossjohnc »

I agree on the zero regen, I'd also like that.
scotty c

Post by scotty c »

i drove a normal petrol car for the first time since getting the e, it felt weird and i didnt like it I guess you just get used to the regen.