Is it safe to wash the undercarriage with pressure washers?

All Honda E related discussions
Sgv

Post by Sgv »

I was wondering, has anyone washed the undercarriage of the Honda E? Is It safe to use pressure washers? There's an automatic car washer near me that washes the undercarriage automatically, do you think it would be safe to wash it there?

FDAD

Post by FDAD »

Sgv wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:34 pm I was wondering, has anyone washed the undercarriage of the Honda E? Is It safe to use pressure washers? There's an automatic car washer near me that washes the undercarriage automatically, do you think it would be safe to wash it there?
To me that's the same as asking if you can charge it in the rain. :idea:
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

My e has been through the car wash so many times already, I haven't been electrocuted yet. :D
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
Sgv

Post by Sgv »

iHansz wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:32 am My e has been through the car wash so many times already, I haven't been electrocuted yet. :D
Hahaha, yeah I've washed it with manual self service pressure washers and haven't got any issues, I was wondering more if it's a problem using those underneath the car, where the car battery is located. I usually washed my previous cars undercarriage twice a year, one after winter to remove possible salt deposits and one during late summer.
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

I understand, it was a joke. I always use the most extensive programme at the car wash and it also cleans the bottom. I hear a lot of noise and see steam coming from the bottom. I never thought it could be harmful.
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

The under tray is full of holes (for drainage?) maybe the water was spraying through those to the underside of a hot battery, but the battery itself is sealed from the elements, plus don't forget the car was is probably using hot water on the underside of the car to get the muck off!
Ex e owner

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post