Seem to be a bit unlucky

All Honda E related discussions
caustic

Post by caustic »

Unlucky

Had my front windscreen cracked and replaced last month.

Now my rear windscreen is smashed.

My insurance company forces me to go to Autoglass because I will only get up to £125 back if I use someone else.

I telephoned Autoglass Monday 2nd August but told they could not find the correct part number on their system and had to pass it over to the technical team. I had to give them 48 hours. With many phone calls later I have been told that the part number has now gone to the procurement team at 14:10 on Monday 9th. The part had not been ordered from Honda and will not give me a delivery date or fitting date until it arrives in their stores.

So I await there phone call, I must remember to breath.

All the best
Dave

IMG_0232_1 - Copy.jpg

Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

Oh my God.... was it parked in the same area where you found the crack in your windscreen? That looks vandalism to me.
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

Urgh, that's awful. I had my back screen put in a few years back in a previous car and I was collecting bits of it from the front end of the interior for months afterwards.
2020 Advance Charge Yellow on 16s.
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Oh my, how terrible. Hope they can sort it out for you soon. Poor e, poor you.
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

That's not good (a massive understatement) hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

Luckily for me I've not had totally destroyed glass on a car, does the insurance only pay to for a replacement or do they also pay for alternative transport whilst you are waiting?
Obviously different insurance companies have different policies on this and only just last week did I realise that windscreen cover could have be a significant increase in insurance premiums. One of my sons had a large stone hit his windscreen and luckily only chipped it (but badly) and he repaired it himself with a cheap kit because he doesn't have cover, the reason for not getting it was because at the time it would have added about £100 to his annual premium of around £500.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
caustic

Post by caustic »

My insurance company is Churchill and they do not supply a hire car for glass damage. They have offered to take the car and put it in a secure unit. I have started looking for car insurance for next year who do not use Autoglass.
turntoport

Post by turntoport »

good chance it's a banker with a few fragments of spark plug ceramic. Very, very easy to pop a toughened glass screen with just a flick of your finger from 3 metres away. Any cctv? Look for someone flicking their middle finger off their thumb, in ht direction of your car. It's unlikely you'll see the fragments fly, they're so small. atb
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

turntoport wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:21 pm good chance it's a banker with a few fragments of spark plug ceramic. Very, very easy to pop a toughened glass screen with just a flick of your finger from 3 metres away. Any cctv? Look for someone flicking their middle finger off their thumb, in ht direction of your car. It's unlikely you'll see the fragments fly, they're so small. atb
I wasn't aware of the use of pieces of spark plug to easily shatter toughened glass.

That rear window looks more like laminated glass by the way there's a hole in it because surely toughened glass would have completely shattered.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
turntoport

Post by turntoport »

yeah, sorry to be posting unhelpful stuff Londiniumperson/caustic, but a (n engineering) job i did a few decades ago led to some, er, 'evaluation' of the general area of glass defeat. It works, with remarkable ease. Hope you catch your man, caustic.
caustic

Post by caustic »

At last had my rear windscreen fitted yesterday that's only 5 weeks of the road.