Media interface

All Honda E related discussions
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

RAL7004 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:56 pm Connectivity features – more details: https://hondanews.eu/gb/en/cars/media/p ... pean-range

Interesting:
In the Honda e, the navigation system also incorporates data from the battery range monitor and will factor in charge point locations when long distance journeys beyond the full range of the car are required.
Apple CarPlay can now be accessed wirelessly for the first time.
[...] Honda will deliver over-the-air updates to ensure that features and apps benefit from enhancements and new functions.
I was starting to think that CarPlay was wired only since I saw the German review you shared recently (the one where the car crashes itself!). In that video, CarPlay clearly disconnects the moment he pulls out the USB cable. I suppose though that wired and wireless CarPlay are two separate processes, so if you are wired and you unplug, it won't automatically connect to wireless?

RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

Yes, we got mixed messages – a German Honda representative (consulted via the official webpage) categorically denied wireless Apple CarPlay.
However, this is an official press release. Therefore, I'm expecting wireless connection...
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

RAL7004 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:02 pm Yes, we got mixed messages – a German Honda representative (consulted via the official webpage) categorically denied wireless Apple CarPlay.
However, this is an official press release. Therefore, I'm expecting wireless connection...
And here's page 311 of the official user manual: Image
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

You may choose the sound of the car turn signal:

I will definitely stick with option 1...
Rei

Post by Rei »

The second one is good, relays are a bit old fashioned!
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

RAL7004 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 3:37 pm You may choose the sound of the car turn signal:

I will definitely stick with option 1...
I will try all three and then without doubt revert to sound 1!
eread

Post by eread »

I just skimmed through but couldn't find any mention of Android Auto wireless, can anyone confirm that it is/isn't on the E?
Rei

Post by Rei »

I was wondering that too. You would think that if Carplay wireless is supported that would be too.
bogga

Post by bogga »

Trouble with wireless Carplay or Android auto is a flat phone battery........ Unless it has wireless charging too
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

Some new puzzle pieces: