Turning heads!

All Honda E related discussions
tim.uk

Post by tim.uk »

I was driving at 70 on the inside lane of a local dual carriageway, when a motorcyclist came up behind me and made as if to overtake. He came alongside me, and then matched my speed. He was so obvious at the side of my field of vision that I glanced over. He then pointed to the car, gave a vigorous thumbs up, and sped off into the distance!

EEEE

Post by EEEE »

I've only driven the E a handful of times, but on the first journey back from the dealer an enthusiastic passenger in a discovery leant put the window to give me a thumbs up.

Its something you get used to (if you have a cool car that is).
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

When I had my bright orange GT86, I used to get cars with loud exhausts egging me on for some reason, however I used to get more looks and chats when I used to own my Morgan Roadster unlike a lot of nice cars people were always giving way to it and letting me out at junctions.

The Honda e is different enough to make it stand out amongst the crowd.
Ex e owner
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

Yes this definitely happen - in traffic jam those bored looking passenger seat boys on white van, often spots e amongst cars, look twice, sometimes lean and look again. In the car park you see somebody staring at e with derivate slow walking. When I was weeding our front drive somebody passing by stopped & asked me about the range, how I like it etc. I guess if mine was yellow it would have stood out even more!
2020 e Advance : Modern Steel Metallic + blue accent :mrgreen:
Zunzu

Post by Zunzu »

The same thing has happened to me too. Someone who gives you a thumbs up, other times when you get to the parked car you find someone looking at it carefully....Sometimes, I feel bad when I approach it and the lights come on, he jumps and hides....I have annoyed his moment.
Mailforkev

Post by Mailforkev »

Still amuses me when a car passes on the motorway and I see the front seat passenger craning their head around to check it out as they pass.
Definitely a very high attention rate per euro/pound spent.
Astigma

Post by Astigma »

Yep I've definitely noticed a few people checking out the car. The most spectacular interaction I had was the day I got the car. I had parked outside of a friend's flat on double yellow lines waiting for him to come down, I anticipated only being there 30 seconds at most. However a traffic enforcement officer got to me before my friend did and knocked on my window. Obviously my heart sank as I was dreading the worst, I rolled down the window and explained why I was there and his response was "Nah, don't worry about that mate. What kind of car is this?". I was shocked to say the least haha! Had a good chat for a couple of minutes telling him about the car and showing him the dashboard etc. It was a surreal moment as I'd never had anyone ask me about any of my previous cars never mind a traffic officer lol!
UK Honda E Advance - Grey

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post