Honda E Openpilot Support

All Honda E related discussions
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

I don't quite understand this. Why would you want to invest in this if it is forbidden, at least here in the Netherlands. And what can it do more than what Honda already offers. The car drives by itself, you only have to grab the steering wheel now and then. But it will never be a Tesla, Volvo or Mercedes. I am very happy with it, always use it on the motorway.
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only

FDAD

Post by FDAD »

oipoi wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:23 pm Last week ordered a comma ai 3 for my Honda E and managed to get it to work tonight.

Here’s a short video:
https://youtu.be/55Xt22l-MeM

It’s comparable to Tesla autopilot and light years ahead of what the built in system can manage.

The code changes will soon be available on the public release version so that it will be a plug and play installation!
Great let's get the price down! Innovation is always welcome!
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
Accord

Post by Accord »

Any updates on this?
I’m considering it for both the IONIQ and Honda e.

Would it be possible to have one device but a harness for each car, so you can switch?

As the Honda e can self park, it definitely has the possibility to turn the wheel from lock to lock. So it should in theory work great with this car.
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

Accord wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:36 pm Any updates on this?

Would it be possible to have one device but a harness for each car, so you can switch?

As the Honda e can self park, it definitely has the possibility to turn the wheel from lock to lock. So it should in theory work great with this car.
https://comma.ai/vehicles
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
oipoi

Post by oipoi »

You would not like to have the lane-keeping exerts the same amount of force on the steering column during driving as during parking as it will probably throw you out off the road. There isn't anything you can do as the steering motor can exert a few horsepowers of force. . Open pilot and even the built-in lane-keeping assistant are torque limited by the steering servo drive. Those limits are hardcoded and set by Honda and regulated by different safety bodies worldwide. Those limits won't allow any current lane-keeping system to take 90-degree turns or take really sharp corners. As faster the speed you are traveling, the bigger the limitations are. Thus for safety reasons, it currently won't take sharp turns. How sharp a turn it can take depends on the speed you are going. As for the prediction model "AI," it always showed the proper route. It's just that for safety purposes; it has to disengage. As opposed to the built-in lane-keeping assist, it doesn't just silently turn off. Instead, it tries to return you to your lane and gives an audible warning even before it leaves the lane due to the torque limits set, which in my opinion, is so much better and safer than what the hondas system does. The installation was easy to pull off and took less than 15 minutes. I still run my device on 0.8.9 and can vouch for the newer versions, as I didn't test them. If you can get a comma 3 for cheap, I would give it a try.
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrD0-Y- ... ordePozega

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post