Charging at BP Pulse

All Honda E related discussions
Marillionut

Post by Marillionut »

First time FAST charging at BP from 51%. Used contactless payment , very poor screen info , no idea of how much it was costing , until credit card showed £30 debited.
I guess its better to use their app instead ,where you can control how much to preload your card by ?

Home charging with Zappi is awesome , soon to get Octopus Go tariff once smart meter installed.

MattHero

Post by MattHero »

Yeah, although the Android version of the app is pretty dreadful, so I wouldn't rely on that either. Comms between Pulse and the chargers are not especially reliable either; I've only managed to make the rapids work using contactless, in the way you did. Usually after a few tries too. Not a great experience.
Advance Charge Yellow on 16s.
ZoeDave

Post by ZoeDave »

In the past I've had petrol stations 'pre-authorise' an amount before filling up, and then only charge for the petrol used.

So I'd hope that topping up at most 15 kWh would cost less than £30 - otherwise you've been charged £2 per kWh, and may wish to investigate more frugal types of transport like a Bugatti or Sherman tank!
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

My first ever charge was at a BP Pulse on the day I collected the e - and having not researched the app or anything I just freestyled it.

The card reader has a tiny screen, I waved my debit card near it, saw something flash up about min charge £30, and then proceeded to charge the e.

What it seemed to actually do according to my statement is not a pre-auth for £30, but an actual charge for £30, and a refund for the balance (19quid). This is different to say a petrol pump at tescos where you get a pre auth for £99 but it only auths at the value. This only affects the available balance, not the actual balance.

No idea of cost at the time during charging, when charging was ended (by me), the cost was displayed on the screen. This was a 175kw charger with the worlds tiniest contactless screen and barely smartphone sized colour screen display. No information was given on charging rate or cost. I suspect there are different revisions out in the wild so who knows if they are all as bad.

Today I used an instavolt/chargepoint charger and the result was much more pleasant, but i had the benefit of signing up to the app and registering my card. The screen on the instavolt was much larger, showed me the charge rate, added mileage and the cost (like a petrol pump).
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post