Caught by the dead infrastructure

All Honda E related discussions
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Avoid the fleet area at all costs, waiting almost 3 hrs on RAC.

ARGGGGGGH.

Dont have enough range to get to known working charger.

Oh joy.

Peed off to say the least.
Ex e owner

EEEE

Post by EEEE »

Bummer - i have scarcely brushed the surface of public charging, and already i can see this being an experience that will occur.

Just come back from silverstone, not a great or huge selection on my route. 2x BP pulse CCS at brackley mini services. One in use, the other unable to read contactless payments. Tried to use the app, got stuck on the splash screen - luckily the other users was just leaving.

Hope you get to your destination soon!
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Finally offloaded in chineham at the instavolt charger whizzing the range back in.

At least it isn't raining 😁
Ex e owner
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

Glad you made it!! - this is why I haven't ventured out of my comfort zone yet...
Last edited by Marmite on Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
2020 e Advance : Modern Steel Metallic + blue accent :mrgreen:
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Need to wash it today plastered in dead bugs
Ex e owner
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Chatting to Grid Serve they haven't taken over all the ecotricity electric highway chargers yet including the dead ones at Fleet, pity the phone number is disconnected! pity the app says it no longer works with these chargers. Given the media coverage you would have believed they'd taken over the lot my naivety I guess.

My missus not to impressed to say the least :?

It didn't help that the RAC were 1. Busy 2. didn't send a van equipped with a charger! from contacting them around 3:45 it was a long wait.

If the damn chargers lit up like a xmas tree had something as simple as a three pin plug around the back with a pin coded flap to power a granny lead we could have topped up 3kwh and been on our way to a working charger.

They need some form of fall back for when things go pear shaped.

What I don't like about this battery vehicle the car says you have 40 miles to drop in a flash after 5 miles to say you have 15 or so.

When I am down to my last gallon in say my smart Roadster which does 50+ mpg when it gets low it doesn't magically only do 20 mpg

Lesson learnt
Ex e owner
schodoodles

Post by schodoodles »

What does it say on ZapMap and PlugShare for this charger?

Until the charging networks mature further as more people adopt EVs these feel like a must use right now. I'm always using these when charging away from home so worth setting up if not already as can help predict issues and give you chance to plan a fallback. Luckily on the first proper issue I encountered last week was me just trying the charge point for future use and setting up the BP app and not needing the juice but was aware of a potential fault before I'd arrived.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

@milligoon I understand the pain, though luckily for me I've not yet run out, it certainly can be a stressful trying to find a working rapid charger.

@schodoodles I thought that I was prepared by signing up to every single charging network that has an app as well as ordering every single free RFID card, that is all totally useless when there's no mobile signal or WiFi at the charge point as I discovered at an Osprey charger (Osprey Chargers - Grrr).
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

I was using abrp in premium mode and lit initially looked like I could make the Chineham Instavolt charger I'd used on the way down and then the electrons or was it coulomb's effectively evaporated before my eyes. I wasn't planning on using those chargers at fleet.

Hey ho in future I'll give myself a bigger buffer rather than trust calculations by software obviously written with bigger batteries in mind. I couldn't risk the charger at hook saying it had issues.

That extra 7 kWh in the battery locked away from us could certainly come in handy!
Ex e owner
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Did you adjust the settings or leave them as default, I found during the free trial period that the default settings were not representative of my driving style, so had to make changes?

How do you find changing the SoC for every journey, this was one of many reasons that I didn't bother with paying for the premium version.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post