Holy Grail of efficiency (13.3m/kWh over 2 miles)

All Honda E related discussions
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

This weekend I've experienced life in the 'e' with good efficiency.
I was staying at a hotel at the top of Box Hill, Wiltshire and had excellent efficiency driving down into Bath and also on the single lane A roads home (though not the return trip back to the hotel as you can see below), something that I've never seen before living at the bottom of the South Downs and mainly driving on dual carriageways and motorways.
Here's a summary of what I have experienced on the drive into Bath:
13.3m/kWh over the first 2 miles
8.2m/kWh over 5.2 miles, then finally
5.0m/kWh over the complete 8.2 miles once parked up.
All of this driven normally, I could easily have exceeded these figures if I made an real effort to and not driven at the speed limit.
On the return to the hotel I got 3.2m/kWh over 8.5 miles, which we all know how much difference a hill can make.

To give people a perspective of how I typically drive and what I'm used to seeing efficiency wise, in similar weather conditions the last few months I've been achieving 3.7-4.1m/kWh on my 50 mile round trip commute with the same style of driving but this is mainly on dual carriageways and motorways.

Until now I've failed to see how others could get anything above 4.5m/kWh but now I know.
Last edited by londiniumperson on Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current

milligoon

Post by milligoon »

We need to live in Escherland and always take the downwards direction 😁
Ex e owner

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post