Finalising my spec - opinions appreciated!

All Honda E related discussions
ZoeDave

Post by ZoeDave »

It's here!

Thanks again everyone for putting up with my posts and questions. At the last minute I added the dashcam to the spec, otherwise much as I already said - White, advance, 16", brown seats, illumination pack and the armrest. The weather today was abysmal, so much so that the sales guy more or less threw me the keys out of a bunker. But I do promise pictures at some point, especially if there is anything particular people want to see.

A minor mystery was cleared up when I saw a piece of paper covered in bureaucratic-looking German on the dashboard - I guess that must be where Honda have their main depot for Europe, and would explain why the delivery was quicker than expected from Japan.

First impressions are great. I've barely done more than drive it <10 miles and connect my phone, but it's much more refined than my old Zoe. The e is an incredibly hard sell on paper due to price, size, range, brand etc, but it really deserves to have more people take a second look.

A quick question: The two (out of the four) rear cabin lights behind the driver seem to always be on when in the car. I've checked that they switch off when I lock the car and they aren't distracting so I'm not immediately too worried. But it's definitely not that I have the reading light switch on, so is there a setting for this, is it normal, or should I suspect shenanigans from having the dashcam fitted?

D

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Welcome to the clan, it's good to hear that you're happy with your e.
As for the lights in the rear, there are switches on the B pillars, sit in the rear and you'll see them.

When you get a chance, I'd be interested in seeing some photos of the dash cam, both inside and outside, thanks.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
ZoeDave

Post by ZoeDave »

londiniumperson wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:49 pm Welcome to the clan, it's good to hear that you're happy with your e.
As for the lights in the rear, there are switches on the B pillars, sit in the rear and you'll see them.
Fantastic - thank you, you may well have saved me from a very embarrassing encounter with the service department!

Definitely will take some photos of the dashcam, and when I've worked out how to connect to it, some pictures from the cam itself. I'm not expecting great things, but I've always thought it would be a good idea to have one, and never wanted to rip apart a dashboard or have wires flailing around in front of me. The fact that the dealer sourced and fitted the thing within 3 days of me asking for it confirms in my eyes that it's massively overpriced but if someone drives straight into the front of me in a few months (as happened in my Zoe), it will be worth many times it's price.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Hopefully you'll never need to use the dashcam footage.
I've also had a dashcam save my NCD when a van slammed into my nearside at 70mph when the driver pulled out from the inside lane and then sped off without stopping at the next junction dangerously cutting others off.
Without the footage it would most likely been classified as being 100% my fault because there were no witnesses and also because the driver didn't stop :(
I was lucky because the number plate was only just visible on the footage proving who it was.

Most dashcams have poor quality recordings, only last week another %$@* undertook me and when I viewed the footage from the BlackVue DR750S (these still cost £250+) on my computer the number plate wasn't clear enough to read it properly. Any dashcam is better than none & should at least show what happened even if it can't unequivocally prove who the other car/driver was.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

Congrats!! Any pics please :P

I also fitted Honda's dash cam a couple weeks ago, the app connection is not great (what's new) but I really don't need to see it sitting in the car anyway. Apart from accidents - I would be only interested to see after passing the hidden speeding catching police car... to make sure what exactly speed I did!? TBH I haven't even taken the card out yet :lol:
2020 e Advance : Modern Steel Metallic + blue accent :mrgreen:
nyx

Post by nyx »

How much was the dashcam, if I may ask? Tempted to add one to my order.
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

Hi ZoeDave,
Well at least you have selected the right car & colour!
Not sure why anyone chooses Leather these days, not really a fit with “driving the future” eco vibe. As for other ways to pimp your car, apart from essential floor mats, the car comes complete IMO. Save your money
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
ZoeDave

Post by ZoeDave »

advance2020 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:33 pm Hi ZoeDave,
Well at least you have selected the right car & colour!
Thank you, I agree and the majority of the Honda press images do too!
advance2020 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:33 pm Not sure why anyone chooses Leather these days, not really a fit with “driving the future” eco vibe. As for other ways to pimp your car, apart from essential floor mats, the car comes complete IMO. Save your money
I totally understand this, and really can't disagree that leather isn't Eco. Ever since I bought a hybrid, and had those brief "I'm driving silently, why would I ever want to burn crap!" moments, I've been on a journey, and don't think I'll ever own a combustion car again. Apart from maybe if I win the lottery, buy something exotic and strip out the engine for an EV drivetrain. I've also been known to take plastic waste home if I can't find a recycling bin. But I still eat too much meat and use too much plastic, even if I do recycle.

My reason for getting the leather was that I like the texture of leather, the design of the seats and most importantly to me, I can't stand a drab grey/black interior. While I love the cloth used in the interior, I would have chosen almost anything to break it up a bit, and I still get loads of that lovely cloth - in the middle of the seats, the rear seats, the door cards etc. Apart from maybe purple 70s velour. Vegan leather or Alcantara would have been just as good for me.

And thanks - still need to get floor mats, the one thing I overlooked!
nyx wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:22 am How much was the dashcam, if I may ask? Tempted to add one to my order.
It was £400 - Not great value, but I figured that I otherwise wouldn't buy one or, should I try to install one I'd either end up with a convertible or the voltage of the traction battery through my body!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post