Charger schedule or Car schedule?

All Honda E related discussions
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

So I had my hypervolt tethered charger installed today. The app is very simple and easily lets you set a charging schedule.

The question is would you use the charger based scheduling, or the car based scheduling method? I should now be on the Octopus Go tarriff where midnight to 4am is the cheap rate so I will mostly be charging between these times (and not even everyday I expect).

Part of me likes the charger app, I can remotely change the schedule from anywhere at any time.

I haven't played with the car charger or pre heat schedules yet - but the fact they cannot be changed remotely provides an inconvenience should you need to change it.
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

I'm also on Octopus Go & had the same dilemma, I decided to leave the car schedule alone & just used the charger app schedule.
The reason being if I need a top-up outside of the cheap tariff rate, then it is a lot easier & quicker using the charger app because the MyHonda+ app is so poor (it is quicker just going to the car and making the change).

It is pointless & confusing setting both the charger & car schedules.

PS - Also the car scheduling has a few features:
1) The car schedule is when you DON'T want a charge; what were Honda smoking when they thought that was a good idea?
2) You cannot set a schedule that spans midnight, in this case 2 schedules need setting.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

I agree - i'll use the charger scheduling. I can imagine one day not being at home, and talking my wife through how to adjust the car based schedule to make it charge for an unexpected journey.
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

EEEE wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:37 pm So I had my hypervolt tethered charger installed today. The app is very simple and easily lets you set a charging schedule.

The question is would you use the charger based scheduling, or the car based scheduling method? I should now be on the Octopus Go tarriff where midnight to 4am is the cheap rate so I will mostly be charging between these times (and not even everyday I expect).

Part of me likes the charger app, I can remotely change the schedule from anywhere at any time.

I haven't played with the car charger or pre heat schedules yet - but the fact they cannot be changed remotely provides an inconvenience should you need to change it.
Yes they can via the Honda app
Ex e owner
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

londiniumperson wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:53 pm I'm also on Octopus Go & had the same dilemma, I decided to leave the car schedule alone & just used the charger app schedule.
The reason being if I need a top-up outside of the cheap tariff rate, then it is a lot easier & quicker using the charger app because the MyHonda+ app is so poor (it is quicker just going to the car and making the change).

It is pointless & confusing setting both the charger & car schedules.

PS - Also the car scheduling has a few features:
1) The car schedule is when you DON'T want a charge; what were Honda smoking when they thought that was a good idea?
2) You cannot set a schedule that spans midnight, in this case 2 schedules need setting.
I don't have a problem with midnight. I mainly charge from 2300hrs to 0500hrs, the car scheduler can do it with 1 schedule without problems.
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

Oh - I haven't seen the charging schedule on the app. I only have the basic subscription (40quid/8 years) if that's part of the reason? When I'm in the honda+ app, under the charging quadrant all I get is start and stop.
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
ChesterUK

Post by ChesterUK »

I use the schedule on the Zappi 2 charger. The car is unrestricted ready to rapid charge (rarely) when needed without fuss.
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

What Chester said - I always use the Zappi timer (either to charge for free via solar PV) or overnight using Octopus Go low cost rate. For urgent charge, I press the fast button on the Zappi

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post