First service - any tips?

All Honda E related discussions
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

I’ve had Evie Blue for a year :shock:
I have the Honda service package (1/2 price) so in for its first service.
Other than kick the tyres & put it on the computer diagnostics, should I be asking for anything else?
I will let the forum know the outcome

J

Trykpaa

Post by Trykpaa »

Had our first service a couple of months ago. They reported nothing to see and nothing to do. Brakes were as new (they are being used 😉) so only visually inspected. Some sort of software update were performed.
2nd service is more interesting.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Mine's booked in on Monday after a 4 week wait.
I wonder if anyone will ever get to see a health check on the app.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Service went without a hitch. As one would expect from a low mileage one year old car. No software updates.

But I curbed two alloy wheels on the way home 😟 arrrrrrhhhhhhhh

£100+vat for both. What a complete a*+e!!
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Probably cheaper than kerbing the ioniq 5 wheels!
Ex e owner
keithr

Post by keithr »

Joolsdc wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:15 am £100+vat for both. What a complete a*+e!!
£120 is cheap.

Edit:
Whoops! Sorry, I misread that and thought you meant the service was £100 +VAT. I now see that you meant the cost of refurbishing the two scuffed wheels was £120. :oops:

I was charged £175 for the first service. The receipt said that was the Honda National Recommended Price.

They didn't replace the cabin filter (needed every 2 years), but they did wash and vacuum the car, and I had a loan car (Jazz hybrid - I got ~95 mpg out of it over ~11 miles travelled :) ).

The service sheet (speciifc to a Honda e) claimed they had stripped and cleaned the brakes, but the rest was just checks/inspections and topping up the washer fluid. They estimated 10% brake pad wear (in only 2,272 miles!),
Isow

Post by Isow »

keithr wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:38 pm
Joolsdc wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:15 am £100+vat for both. What a complete a*+e!!
£120 is cheap.

Edit:
Whoops! Sorry, I misread that and thought you meant the service was £100 +VAT. I now see that you meant the cost of refurbishing the two scuffed wheels was £120. :oops:

I was charged £175 for the first service. The receipt said that was the Honda National Recommended Price.

They didn't replace the cabin filter (needed every 2 years), but they did wash and vacuum the car, and I had a loan car (Jazz hybrid - I got ~95 mpg out of it over ~11 miles travelled :) ).

The service sheet (speciifc to a Honda e) claimed they had stripped and cleaned the brakes, but the rest was just checks/inspections and topping up the washer fluid. They estimated 10% brake pad wear (in only 2,272 miles!),
According to the service book I.e. near where the dealer stamps, the Pollen Filter
should be changed every year.
I had my car serviced yesterday and they didn’t change the pollen filter.
The service receptionist says it’s every 2 years.
I’ve questioned this and they are going to get back to me.
I pointed out what it said in the service book.
I have a pre paid 5 year service plan.
londiniumperson

Isow wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:06 am According to the service book I.e. near where the dealer stamps, the Pollen Filter
I asked exactly the same question at my first service and they confirmed that Honda UK had issued a revised schedule that changed the pollen filter interval to 2 years which is the same for every other Honda model. Also as of 13 September 2021, no other changes have been to the Honda e service schedule or replacement items.
As an aside they told me that none of the coolant systems had a scheduled replacement unlike the ICE/hybrid Honda models even though they all use the same fluid
Isow

Post by Isow »

londiniumperson wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:10 pm
Isow wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:06 am According to the service book I.e. near where the dealer stamps, the Pollen Filter
I asked exactly the same question at my first service and they confirmed that Honda UK had issued a revised schedule that changed the pollen filter interval to 2 years which is the same for every other Honda model. Also as of 13 September 2021, no other changes have been to the Honda e service schedule or replacement items.
As an aside they told me that none of the coolant systems had a scheduled replacement unlike the ICE/hybrid Honda models even though they all use the same fluid
Thank you.
So they don’t replace the Pollen Filter at the first
service.
There should therefore be a reduction in price for
the service.
Less work done and a part not supplied.
londiniumperson

keithr wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:38 pm The service sheet (speciifc to a Honda e) claimed they had stripped and cleaned the brakes, but the rest was just checks/inspections and topping up the washer fluid. They estimated 10% brake pad wear (in only 2,272 miles!),
It seems like they just make up the brake wear on the hoof, because they said mine was worn 5% at 8800 miles whilst they did the underbody video and it is clear that there's no way they could guesstimate that by eye or measure it with an instrument without removing the wheels (which they didn't do).

Oddly going by the service sheet they also did an under bonnet oil top up, quoting a value of 3 in that field :roll: , as well as checking the fuel lines.
In addition to the service they also stated that they did a complimentary health check and V whatever that was :?:

IMG_20210924_132507.jpg

Finally I'm not that impressed by the fact they try and scare customers into having tyres replaced when the tread gets below 5mm :(

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post