BP Pulse

The place to discuss everything else..
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

If anyone here follows me on Twitter @blackrocket2000 you will already know what I think about BP Pulse.
Originally I tried hard to get them to fix several old Polar posts in my neighbour, with some success. And there are some “free to use” points at my local ASDA and two Wiltshire Council sponsored chargers at Leisure Centres nearby. One post at Starbucks, Willoughby Hedge A303 has been ripped out and concreted over. The Chargemaster at Warminster and Polar at Devises haven't worked since BP acquired.

But my main gripe is their ABB Rapid at Beckington, near Frome on A36 to Bath. I couldn't get their App to work here, so I mistakenly used my Contactless Debit Card. NEVER AGAIN. It still failed to deliver any kWs but it was happy to take £30. That was on the 24 January. They then take “up to 30 Working Days” to “process” a refund, and then up to 10 days to reach Visa or my bank. Finally got money back on 11 March. Be warned. Use any other network in preference. Many others have had the same negative experience.
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

advance2020 You're busy on the forum again I see :D

I'm not keen on BP Pulse either and I'd only use them as a last resort.
Last edited by londiniumperson on Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

I try to avoid public charging as much as possible. I tend to go for Instavolt - they are 100% always working and easy to use, and normally come in pairs. BP Pulse are normally single units leading to increased waiting times...
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi