If the Honda E wasn't available what other car would you choose?

The place to discuss everything else..
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

londiniumperson wrote: ↑Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:35 pm How about a Model 3, available in single & dual motor?
Sadly no headroom in the back (I mean less than the e!) and the most ridiculous boot aperture - there's a reason that most of the civilised world moved on from saloons to hatchbacks years ago. I'm not sure why the US never got the memo. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Rei

Post by Rei »

ilscoupe wrote: ↑Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:12 pm
londiniumperson wrote: ↑Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:39 pm
The Honda e is no Tesla that's for sure, what made you think it was?
I really hoped I could do a 100 mile round trip without charge - I thought that was possible with the WLTP figure quoted. The thing that made me jump was looking a bit further as to what made sense for me : do I swap out my (relatively) frugal diesel on my daily commute, or do I dig deeper into the bank and swap out the family car instead (which of course does more miles / more CO2). Definitely will consider it as the second car in a few years when I've paid off this Tesla loan...

P.s. I was going to go Black Honda E Advance, standard wood trim (although bronze looks neat), with 16" wheels, and then stick a streetfighter E.Honda decal on the back =D

Will Probably go for Blue Model 3 given the issues with the black paint (?seems to scratch a lot), and stick a Falcon DeLacy / Cobra Mk3 decal on it.
You can do 100 miles without charging, just not at 70 MPH. Drop to 60 and you will be okay, maybe 65 if you are okay to arrive home with a few percent left.
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Driven a Tesla for the first time yesterday. My best friend has a Model 3 through his employer (is normal here in the Netherlands, employee benefits) since Friday. What a great car it is! The acceleration is insane! Warp speed. And he has the standard version! Inside very Scandinavian, very clean and tidy (with the Honda e "wood" in it too). Central screen works like a very large iPad. You don't have to do a study for it. The finish is not that bad, considering the horror stories. Would I like one? No. There are now over 30,000 models 3 in the Netherlands an therefore you see them on every street corner. Would rather something more exclusive and "cheaper". But I am impressed.
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
Left4Cookies

Post by Left4Cookies »

If I couldn't get a Honda E, I probably wouldn't get any car at all right now. If we REALLY needed one though, we'd probably save up a bit more and go for a Model 3 or a Kona Electric. The Kona seems like a really all-around good EV, my only gripes with it is how it looks. Never driven one so have no opinion on that.
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

If the 'e' had not come along, I'd probably would have kept my Toyota iQ 1.33 vvti.
Very economical to run, and I would be hard pushed to justify spending out on a new car, as I'm retired and living on a modest pension.

But all that "common sense" went out the window, when I fell for the e. The decision to Reserve and then Order last year, has forced me to be very prudent and spendthrift in others areas. So no ranch vacation in Montana, or exotic holidays for me, and as it's turned out, the current pandemic has turned all those "Bucket List ideas" on its head.

If Toyota had developed an BEV version of the iQ that could have been a competitor, but fortunately they didn't and I was forced to go for the 'e' - and the advance model - because I wanted the 17" wheels with the fatter tyres. And having got it, I have go regrets. It is better than I could have imagined.

Looking ahead I decided my car needed to be a BEV - I hate traffic related air pollution. I don't need a Tesla sized car, or an VW ID3, and 'e' versions of other ICE cars don't appeal. Leaf is too big (and expensive) - wouldn't be seen dead in a BMW i3 - possibly a Corsa e ? But I've nearly always driven premium cars.
So no Test Drives in any other competitor. It was the 'e' or nothing.

My son thought I should buy a used Porsche, or go back to an Audi TT - but no, they are an indulgence, and possibly a bit quick in my dotage. #airpollution
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
ChesterUK

Post by ChesterUK »

I think most people on here are probably subscribed to Fully Charged et al and have an interest in BEVs with all of their benefits, even if they're not particularly interested in cars. Point of fact, I'm an absolute petrol head but enjoying the 'conversion', having driven an i3, i8 (albeit hybrid I know), and an IPACE. My wife however is interested in a comfortable and well appointed machine with reasonable performance rather than a pleasurable excess, and otherwise not really interested at all. That is until the Honda e came along, actually more specifically the coupe variant of the concept.

Alas the coupe is still vapourware so the Honda e it is, and she is not disappointed at all! It really does put a smile on her face, but rewarding in a different way to her previous car. There really isn't another BEV she's interested in. She hates Minis, the e-Up (and equivalents) is a little basic, not interested in the Zoe or ForTwo and everything else is too big. She was also very keen to stay with a Japanese car. It's also only the second time that she has gravitated to a car. Honestly, everything else is just a box with round rubber in the corners; who cares!

If Honda released a coupe with a larger boot, more or less double the range and some exciting performance, I could be tempted. Until then...
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

ChesterUK wrote: ↑Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:05 am ....
That is until the Honda e came along, actually more specifically the coupe variant of the concept.
I had forgotten (probably because I knew in my heart that it would never become reality) all about the Honda Sports EV Concept until you mentioned it again.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

1st registered Oct 2020
bogga

Post by bogga »

iHansz wrote: ↑Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:48 pm Something is coming... https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/ ... -concept-/
Yes, that is what I'll have after my Honda E..
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

No matter how beautiful I think it is, but I hope it will not come, cause then I regret not waiting for it. :shock:
1st registered Oct 2020

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post