The Great British Reserve

The place to discuss everything else..
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

NewCode wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:34 am Warning, what follows may well be the most middle class sentence ever written:

“The Ocado delivery man was particularly interested in my brand new electric car.”
😂🤣

Jaws

Post by Jaws »

Got the attention of three Traffic plod yesterday morning on the A27. But in a good way! They were standing around their car in the car park of the BP garage west bound carriageway near Emsworth - the one with the friendly goats in the field behind the Chargemaster points, for anyone who knows it.

Didn't charge up, just parked up whilst we bought some sarnies etc. As I reversed out and crept past them, all three looked and smiled, so I gave them a thumbs-up.

Was tempted to stop, wind the window down and say
"You'll never catch me in this!" but thought better of it.
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

I went to VW Evesham to test drive the ID3 (I know it’s like cheating on a loved one). Parked the e bang in the middle of the car park, outside the main entrance. At least six Listers VW staff came to chat and take photos “oh that’s nicer than the ID3”. And three potential customers, one being a BMW i3 owner.
I think I’ve said elsewhere, but the ID3 looks excellent outside (in my opinion) but the inside..... Drove well. Plenty of space. But just an appliance, like a washing machine. No joy like the e
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Joolsdc wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:54 am I went to VW Evesham to test drive the ID3 (I know it’s like cheating on a loved one). Parked the e bang in the middle of the car park, outside the main entrance. At least six Listers VW staff came to chat and take photos “oh that’s nicer than the ID3”. And three potential customers, one being a BMW i3 owner.
I think I’ve said elsewhere, but the ID3 looks excellent outside (in my opinion) but the inside..... Drove well. Plenty of space. But just an appliance, like a washing machine. No joy like the e
Saw my first ID.3 on the road yesterday. Thought it was pretty dull looking from the rear too, but yes from the videos I’ve seen of the interior I REALLY don’t like that sharp edged plasticy cheap looking screen jutting out of the dash.
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

NewCode wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:34 am Warning, what follows may well be the most middle class sentence ever written:

“The Ocado delivery man was particularly interested in my brand new electric car.”
Don't worry NewCode, they don't deliver for Waitrose any more.
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

So, yesterday picked up the striking yellow (you can miss it...) e, but no one is looking at it! Are the Dutch really not interested in anything? :?
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
Sousaphone

Post by Sousaphone »

iHansz wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:15 pm So, yesterday picked up the striking yellow (you can miss it...) e, but no one is looking at it! Are the Dutch really not interested in anything? :?
Cheese. They’re interested in cheese.
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Sousaphone wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:43 am Cheese. They’re interested in cheese.
And cannabis... :o
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only