Your previous cars...

The place to discuss everything else..
kbjpick

Post by kbjpick »

Yup - Low threshold of boredom - and peripatetic employment structure - sometimes!

Trykpaa

Post by Trykpaa »

Mostly Hondas
1987 Civic 1,5GL (got me off to a good start)
1990 Accord 2,2 EXRI (great car, Honda fan in the making)
1992 Prelude 2,2 VTEC 4WS (fantastic engine, 4ws, definite fan by then)
2006 Accord 2,2 ctdi (great car, but a diesel)
1993 Civic 1,5 (needed a cheap car)
2006 Civic 1,8 Sport (great practical car, shitty quality, lousy brakes)
2007 Mini Cooper d (disappointed Honda fan trying something else, but was even worse quality than the Civic)
2000 Civic 1,5 (needed a reliable cheap car, and it was)
2007 Peugeot 107 (wifes, great car for the money, amazing engine)
2009 Accord 2,2 DTEC (solid, comfortable but too heavy, too slow and diesel)
2014 Jazz 1,4 Elegance (amazing practical and bullit proof, but not for motorway)
2017 Civic 1,6d Tourer (great car dispite tractor engine, still around)
2018 Mini Cooper 1,5 (fun car, but too unpractical, too complicated and never really loved)
2020 E

And a lot of motorcycles, BMW, Husqvarna, Yamaha and more Hondas.
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

the list is too long as I've been driving since 17yrs - too long to remember - I have had to 'renew' my Licence. But here are some...

Land Rover - Series 2 - was my Mum's winter vehicle
1969 Morris Minor Convertible x 2
Morgan 4/4 - while at Uni in Southampton - bought in Winchester for £500 (Exchange & Mart on a Thursday)
Jaguar XJ6 4.0 - twin petrol tanks - you needed them! (Traded for Morgan)
1974 Land Rovers - Series 2 - drove across Africa to Kenya
Austin Metro
Rover 216
Renault 4L
Peugeot 1.6 GTi - nice car, bright red (Company Car)
Citreon 2CV - financial meltdown, needs must. Terrible car. It did not corner at all.
2004 Audi A4 1.9TDI - my 1st & last diesel ever (new on PCP) 1st ever New Car
Audi A3 2.0FSI
Honda S2000 - summer car for several years
Audi A3 1.8T
VW Golf Mk4 - 2 black ones, probably 1.8 or 2.0
Audi TT 2.0 TFSI Mk2 - lovely motor until it got shunted by an Arctic Lorry - never the same after!
Mini Cooper - petrol - fun but it blew head casket
2015 Toyota iQ 1.33 vvti - great little, eco car (makes e seem big)
2019 VW Golf GTI 1.8T Mk4 - while I laid up the iQ for e deposit (and had a bit of fun over Winter)
2020 Honda e advance
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
Left4Cookies

Post by Left4Cookies »

That is an awesome list. Is the E the only electric vehicle interesting to you? Have you tried the Mini Cooper SE?
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

No, I haven't tried any other BEVs. Mini Cooper would be too small. Been there, done that.
Was sold on the e from the outset, and having driven mine for a week now, I'm totally convinced I've chosen the best EV for my needs. I don't play Golf, so the boot space is not an issue. And time will tell about the short range obsession of many, but there doesn't seem to be any shortage of Fast & Rapid Chargers out there. And I will exploit the free ones where I can. As I am retired, I have the time. And I'm looking forward to plugging my Chromecast, watching whatever while it charges (and perhaps the wife is shopping, she loves shopping).
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
ChesterUK

Post by ChesterUK »

I guess as it's the wife who has the e, it's only fair that this should be her car history:

51 plate VW Polo 1.4 Colour Concept - Very rare well spec'd, but ended up needing a lot of money spending on it, inc. £800 for an ABS pump
04 plate Ford Streetka - A sort of My First Convertible. Started developing electrical faults including alternator and charging system
59 plate Mazda MX-5 NC 2.0 Sport Tech Roadster Coupe - So much fun albeit a bit noisy, surprisingly practical for what it was. Needed a suspension/brakes overhaul but would be a very accomplished road car if upgraded.

I think we had the Polo for <2 years, Streetka for about 3 - 4, and the MX-5 for 6 1/2. It's been just over a week with the e now, and I don't think she's missing the MX-5 much!