Blind or Stupid ICE parking

The place to discuss everything else..
tim.uk

Post by tim.uk »

Saw this at my local Tesco (Norwich) recently. I suppose they win the "I'm bigger than you are, so I can do what I b****y well like" argument.

Tesco.jpg

sbullo

Post by sbullo »

They probably also park in disabled parking spaces. What a moron.
Adv. 16" Wheels
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Let a tyre down? Leaving a note obviously for safety reasons
bogga

Post by bogga »

tim.uk

Post by tim.uk »

Hmmm! May invest in some of those. In the meantime I've uploaded the photo to https://yplac.co.uk/
Won't have any effect, but makes me feel better!
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Maybe being registered as a hybrid they think they can park there? Some people are a bit dense ....
Ex e owner
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

I nearly challenged a Range Rover driver for ICEing, until I noticed it was Plugged In, and the driver/owner was “rather nice” Apparently she too had waited a long time to get her new car

Also the EV bays @Tesco are often “near the store entrance” so a favourite spot for a quick dash to pick up a Meal Deal.
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
tim.uk

Post by tim.uk »

This wasn't a hybrid, and in any case it wasn't plugged in!
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

tim.uk wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:30 am This wasn't a hybrid, and in any case it wasn't plugged in!
According to its reg it is a normal (non phev) hybrid at Tesco's in Shaftesbury there is a outlander regularly plugged in and finished? charging, and still there when I come out, is that okay it's plugged in but not charging?

I just think a lot of people are thick or cheeky thinking they can get away with it.

The trouble is these have been approached with people following etiquette rather than hard rigid enforced rules.

For instance trolley staff could photo offending vehicle in charge point then management in-store can issue a fine?

Hefty enough to dissuade people doing it again.
Ex e owner
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

advance2020 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:29 am Also the EV bays @Tesco are often “near the store entrance” so a favourite spot for a quick dash to pick up a Meal Deal.
This is a good thing. I always wonder why so many car parks have charge points so far from the store/building. If you’re a disabled EV driver, are you supposed to chose between charging and actually being able to get into the store? It also makes no sense from a logistics standpoint, since invariably the power cable is connected back to somewhere in the main building.
At my local Waitrose the charge points are about as far from the shop as they could get them!