EV grant lowered

The place to discuss everything else..
Nebrog23

Post by Nebrog23 »

londiniumperson wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 12:35 pm Ah!
Yes, I did forget that, so another £555 increase this year on top of the previous £500 increase and the 2 x £500 grant reductions.
Don't forget that the optional paint colours have also increased from the launch price of £500 to £550.

When I bought mine, I convinced myself that by buying from day 1 would mean that the depreciation would be offset in part by the reduction of the PICG, I didn't expect the price of the car to also increase.
This is good in a way for those of us that bought at the lower price, however on the flip side it might put off prospective new car buyers of the e with the availablity of other cheaper BEVs.
It should help offset depreciation a little. I remember years ago my wife bought a fiat 500 (modern remake) and all the models price went up by about £1800 in 2years. Slight difference being the price started at between £7900 and about £10500 and the 500 ended up massively popular.

So many BEV are leased/ PCP so probably won’t make much difference but I really think the prices need to come down, especially for private buyers.