Mazda MX-30 spotted in the wild

The place to discuss everything else..
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

londiniumperson wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:52 pm
Reuben80 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:24 am It is just his driving style. Mine changes everyday according to the kWh/100km of the previous day. There is no update. He just needs to drive more effecient. My Honda E showed 247km with full charge and the next day showed 210km. The following day goes up again.
Exactly.
Several times states that he only drives the Mazda short distances & that he always preheats it (which is understandable in Norway during winter) with the pre-heating being drawn from the battery, which reduces the range by 6-7km each time & not the wall box even when connected.

Take an example where he pre-heats the car (uses 6km), then drives 6km, then the battery capacity is reduced by the equivalent of 12km which is effectively halving the range, so not surprising that he sees this effect.
He knows that his other EV uses energy from the wall box and not the battery during preheating, but somehow cannot understand the difference :roll:
However he is convinced that the dealer has somehow 'unlocked' additional range :?
There are people who do not understand how a system works and how the car calculate the range. Instead of learning, they just complain because it is easier for them.
He has to make just 1 experiment instead of wasting time of others. He just needs for 1 day, no preheating, no AC, gentle acceleration and gentle braking and check the kWh/100km and switch off and charge. The next day he will think that there was an update OTA :)

ajms0288

Post by ajms0288 »

I’m curious about the Mazda as my 2nd to last car only a year before the Honda was a Mazda 3 Sport. Had it 6 years as it was so well thought out, especially the driving experience and the usability of the front cabin. Excellent daily and cruiser much better than the Fiesta Titanium that followed. So much surprise and delight built in, like the Honda e.
Blue Advance 17in. Delivered 11th March 2021. Love it. 1900 miles 3.4m/kWh
Kangoo ZE delivered 1st April 2021. No AC, old school but £150/month plus VAT. 2600 miles 3.9m/kWh
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

😎

890C4D6D-C729-453B-A3CE-A314996A1F40.jpeg

Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only