Andersen A2

The place to discuss everything else..
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

We've got some holiday money refunds after 2years going backwards & forwards but now decided to abandon it for this July (guess why!) - so instead of making another uncertain plan, we have decided to use part of this cash for new EV box, in order to update our old and patched up one. We also learned that for 2nd/replacement box we can still have UK Government grant, so why not!!

However having contacted a few, we were not very impressed - some are not interested our photos/explanation, some want full money in advance & says they may increase final bill after installation depends on the difficulty/extra work.

Can anybody who got Andersen recommend any companies?? How did you find one??

I know this is a long shot, it must be depends on covered areas etc, but any suggestion (eg. what to check, to be careful) would be appreciated.
2020 e Advance : Modern Steel Metallic + blue accent :mrgreen:

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

I didn't get an Anderson myself, but contact Smart Home Charge as they have them on their website:
https://www.smarthomecharge.co.uk/

They were really helpful with my unusual request (additional 3 pin 240v socket in electric cabinet) and did a really neat and tidy job and it all looks to be correctly installed (i.e. correct earthing), obviously this is in part down to the actual installation engineer, however I found that they had good review comments on general before I went ahead with them.

BTW I might be able to get a discount code if you want something like £20 off, if you're interested PM me.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

I have the A2, but the install was protracted as I took up an offer from a company in Cornwall, originally it was to be s Rolec that fell through due to supply issues, then the installer they were going to use (from Bolton) was going to fit a pod point let us down, eventually they found a company to fit my final choice of the A2 (it was their preferred charger) these were based in waterlooville I got it for a silly low price but it took a long time to get sorted so maybe my patience paid off and I paid nothing up front. Very happy with the charger but doing it again I'd probably just go with a local company and whatever charger they were happy with as long as it suits the looks.

Andersen ask for money up front you'll probably find someone local to you who won't need money up front though.

Maybe just do more shipping around, give these guys a buzz "Artisan Electrics – Reliable Electricians in Cambridge" https://artisanelectrics.co.uk you can see their work on youtube
Ex e owner
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

Yup A2 owner here, bought from Andersen directly although they subcontracted the install to a Brighton- based contractor to actually fit. There was quite a lengthy pre-install form etc to do, but it was all pretty painless.
Advance Charge Yellow on 16s.
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

Many Many thanks - If we go with Smarthomecharge I may contact you londi, thank you milligoon too for info, Cambridge may be too far but perhaps we should look around our locals more carefully again ... Matthero good to know you are happy in the end.

We shall be there eventually, I'm determined!!!
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

After nearly 2months, it's now installed at last! Supplier is being helpful, trying to get grant (separate story) for us as the second claim, just in case government agrees... :roll:

Anyway it looks neater (colour matched with window frames :D ) and can smartly put away, lockable via app, so we are happy - thanks again for the information!

IMG_5277_LI.jpg

IMG_5276.JPG

milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Now for the questions about the Konnect+ app ;-)
Ex e owner