What do you want from an EV design

The place to discuss everything else..
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

If you had the ability to consult with a manufacturer that would listen.

What design of EV would you like?

Being a dog owner I would like a light airy rear compartment, to many cars design have gone the SUV/CUV route and the rear luggage space maybe voluminous but they tend to have large thick C pillars with either tiny windows or no windows at all. They also have a high boot lip.

I would like an estate of the size and general rear design of the MKii Volvo V70 low shoulder line large windows etc

I am not convinced that battery packs have to be thick raising the floor levels with a longer car the battery could be engineered to be thinner.

At FCL yesterday looking around the various cars they all disappoint in this aspect, even the only estate available at the moment the MG 5 has high shoulder line and tiny windows

Electric motors don't have to be very large if keeping down performance designs, given that we are facing speed limiters by design next year across Europe as a whole is there any point to cars with masses of horse power?

I would also like a lightweight open top sports car EV something akin to an MX 5 or similar not some fire breathing monster but that's another story in design constraints, whereas a proper large estate should be able to accommodate a reasonable sized power train and battery back without compromising the usability of the vehicle.
Ex e owner

milligoon

Post by milligoon »

I've just been browsing Volvo website and their concepts include an estate maybe an E-state :lol:

https://www.volvocars.com/intl/cars/con ... ept-estate#

The downside is the tailgate lip seems really high!

Ex e owner