20 and 21 model years - is it a thing??

All Honda E related discussions
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Who gives a rat's ass what anyone else buys?

If a car suits your wants/needs then sobeit
Ex e owner

Parker87

Post by Parker87 »

Indeed. 👍
ZoeDave

Post by ZoeDave »

milligoon wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:18 am Who gives a rat's ass what anyone else buys?

If a car suits your wants/needs then sobeit
Totally agree from a buying perspective, and having an unusual car definitely has its benefits, and it was one of the reasons I persuaded myself to buy the e.

But, my concern is that if the e sells really poorly, the availability of third-party goodies might be very poor, and after a while Honda might conveniently forget to make important components available. Also the e is such a brilliant car who wouldn't want more to enjoy it?
Parker87

Post by Parker87 »

I'm curious to know what 3rd party goodies you have in mind ZD? It's such a highly specc'd car I wonder what else you might fancy (apart from a range extender Wankel engine as proposed but apparently dropped for the MX30!). As for the spare components, Honda must carry stock to cover at least the next 5 years as they're committed to 5 year warranties so that's some comfort I suppose.
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

I wouldn't mind a denser pack being offered at some point even if it would be heckspensive
Ex e owner
Parker87

Post by Parker87 »

Ah, now you're asking! Do any current EV manufacturers offer a swap-in battery pack upgrade? I haven't heard of such a thing myself.
Wee Peem

Post by Wee Peem »

Who knows what may come along in the next 5 years in the way of better or more compact battery technology though.
Parker87

Post by Parker87 »

Wee Peem wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:41 pm Who knows what may come along in the next 5 years in the way of better or more compact battery technology though.
Agreed, but unfortunately, I think that it's unlikely that we'd be able to upgrade our existing cars with a new battery pack, but who knows. Some people argue that a prospective buyer should wait 2-3 years before buying so as to be able to take advantage of an improved technology, but then, in 2-3 years time, you could make the same argument again! We have to be prepared to commit at some point.