Door handle not retracting

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
tim.uk

Post by tim.uk »

My e has developed a fault on the passenger door - the outside handle does not retract at all, or only partially, when it should. This includes when the car is locked, or when it is being driven.
I have it booked in to the dealer next week to be fixed. Will update here if there's anything to say!

sbullo

Post by sbullo »

I have a similar issue with the drivers side, where it doesn't always retract flush. Re-locking usually sorts it out but not always.
Adv. 16" Wheels
Yellow e

Post by Yellow e »

I think this may be connected to the problem I had two weeks ago (see separate thread), may be a weak point?
Advance, Charge Yellow, little wheels, 3pin home charger.
Onthecharge

Post by Onthecharge »

I have the same problem,Dealer orderd a new handle apparently the new one turned up damaged another now on order ( hope they don't damage the interior door panel when removing it to fit )
tim.uk

Post by tim.uk »

Same diagnosis as Onthecharge. Dealer has ordered a new handle.
HeartNotHead

Post by HeartNotHead »

I had the same. Both handles not retracting. Dealer fitted new handles under warranty.
basic

Post by basic »

I had this exact problem two weeks ago.

Booked in with the dealership but then a few days before it started working again and hasn't been a problem since. Very strange
tim.uk

Post by tim.uk »

Just to close off my original post in this thread, the new handle was fitted yesterday. All back to square one, hopefully!
lockwood77

Post by lockwood77 »

Hi all, same problem on our car, passenger side door handle not fully retracting (how close it gets varies). Those that have had a new handle fitted, has that stopped it recurring?
tim.uk

Post by tim.uk »

lockwood77 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:12 pm Hi all, same problem on our car, passenger side door handle not fully retracting (how close it gets varies). Those that have had a new handle fitted, has that stopped it recurring?
Yes, all done under warranty, and so far no recurrence of the problem.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post