weird noise

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
joffin90

Post by joffin90 »

Hi. Not long got my new honda e and I have noticed there is a strange noise when driving. It sounds like the old ipod scrolling noise (like really fast soft clicking). It seems to happen intermittently when going over bumps/uneven road. I cant tell where it is coming from as I've not had a passenger to listen around while i drive. thought I'd ask on here before going back to the dealer, in case there is a quick fix. Does this sound familiar to anybody?

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

There have been numerous threads about interior trim noises which have in the main been related to the plastic cover behind the rear view mirror.
Have a search of the forum to find out more.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Yellow e

Post by Yellow e »

Or a relay related to the door locking mechanism behind the dash (new handle mechanism required)?
Advance, Charge Yellow, little wheels, 3pin home charger.
Nebrog23

Post by Nebrog23 »

Mine wasn’t just the plastic behind the mirror but between the roof lining and front sunroof edge. Dealer packed it out and it has sorted. If it reoccurs press the metal down below the sunroof glass at the front. Basically where the sunroof blind rests on when closed and see if it stops.
darrenj1

Post by darrenj1 »

This noise has done my head in for a year. Dealers had it 3 times but still happening
HeartNotHead

Post by HeartNotHead »

Ditto - throughout my ownership since September 2020. Back to the dealer numerous times. Honda UK don't want to know. One of the mechanics confessed there is a problem with noise from windscreen mounted instrument and rear view mirror clusters on several Honda models. From the number of posts on this Forum it is clear that this problem is affecting the enjoyment of the Honda e for a considerable number of owners.
kbjpick

Post by kbjpick »

Certainly will be a major factor when renewal comes around!!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post