Plug-in grant (PICG) reduced to £1500 Cars (previously ‘category 1’)

All Honda E related discussions
turntoport

Post by turntoport »

rocko5000: seems you're right on this - just had a note back from dealer stating the e isn't being discontinued, contrary to what carwow is currently indicating. The delivery push-back does seem likely to be more about super-credit management than anything else. (fwiw our e std is still scheduled for Jan delivery, but it seems later orders have been pushed-back to April...) Our dealer also reassures me that Honda's vehicle storage management is spot-on, which is good to hear (but i still wonder about the 12v battery and whether the Lion will be part-charged for long-term storage).
The picg change is good news for existing residual values, if not for prospective new orderers (ok that's not a word).
atb- ttp

SamHonda

Post by SamHonda »

turntoport wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:08 pm rocko5000: seems you're right on this - just had a note back from dealer stating the e isn't being discontinued, contrary to what carwow is currently indicating. The delivery push-back does seem likely to be more about super-credit management than anything else. (fwiw our e std is still scheduled for Jan delivery, but it seems later orders have been pushed-back to April...) Our dealer also reassures me that Honda's vehicle storage management is spot-on, which is good to hear (but i still wonder about the 12v battery and whether the Lion will be part-charged for long-term storage).
The picg change is good news for existing residual values, if not for prospective new orderers (ok that's not a word).
atb- ttp
Yep thanks Rocko - my dealer has replied stating pretty much what you put on the thread yesterday.

I however don’t expect the storage to look after 12v or main battery so that will be fun come April/May!
rocko5000

Post by rocko5000 »

Well my guess is if they are smart that battery will be disconnected while in storage which is what alot of people who have car that sit do. Otherwise i b elieve honda be in alot of trouble if a load of Es have 12v battery issues in april/may
UK Advance in Crystal Blue Metallic on 16's
Registered March 2022
SamHonda

Post by SamHonda »

turntoport wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:08 pm rocko5000: seems you're right on this - just had a note back from dealer stating the e isn't being discontinued, contrary to what carwow is currently indicating. The delivery push-back does seem likely to be more about super-credit management than anything else. (fwiw our e std is still scheduled for Jan delivery, but it seems later orders have been pushed-back to April...) Our dealer also reassures me that Honda's vehicle storage management is spot-on, which is good to hear (but i still wonder about the 12v battery and whether the Lion will be part-charged for long-term storage).
atb- ttp
TTP - any news on delivery date from your dealer?
turntoport

Post by turntoport »

SamHonda: yes; the agent called to say mid-Jan. However, this hasn't been confirmed by Honda UK (who have been very supportive since we sold our last Honda the day before leaving to collect the e, then discovering the reg's were being held-back), so I'm not 100% on the proposed date. I expect H will contact us in the next week - ish, will post/pm as soon as we hear anything 'formal'. I assume you've heard nowt?
I wonder how those batteries are doing out in the cold?!
atb - ttp
SamHonda

Post by SamHonda »

turntoport wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:02 pm SamHonda: yes; the agent called to say mid-Jan. However, this hasn't been confirmed by Honda UK (who have been very supportive since we sold our last Honda the day before leaving to collect the e, then discovering the reg's were being held-back), so I'm not 100% on the proposed date. I expect H will contact us in the next week - ish, will post/pm as soon as we hear anything 'formal'. I assume you've heard nowt?
I wonder how those batteries are doing out in the cold?!
atb - ttp
No news for me. Suspect I won’t hear anything until early April :cry:
turntoport

Post by turntoport »

SamHonda: I'll let you know whatever can be gleaned from H if/when i hear anything...
April sounds about right...
Terry R

Post by Terry R »

If I read it correct, does it mean Honda have delayed the registration of all models until April?

Do not know how car sales work, but I have always assumed it is based on the commission.

It must be not be a good time for the dealers.
SamHonda

Post by SamHonda »

I don’t know if it’s all E’s but I guess we’ll find out soon from TTP who is expecting delivery this month.

It does seem bizarre and I can bet the sales staff are annoyed for the reason you have pointed out. I was one day away from selling our second car when the dealership called, would not have been happy if I’d sold and then been told delivery moved from Jan to Apr!!
Terry R

Post by Terry R »

By all models I was wondering if if was all Honda cars not just the E.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post