Greetings from Dordrecht, The Netherlands

New to the Honda E Forums? Introduce yourself here
Abbe

Post by Abbe »

Hello all,

Great to see the there is a Honda E form! I am just new here and like to introduce myself.

After driving a Toyota Yaris hybrid and later a Lexus CT-200H for many years it was time to take the big step into EV. We looked and a wide range of cars and the Honda E was not the most practical care because of its small storage space, small range and high price but after a test drive my wife and I where hooked. This car was so much more fun to drive compare to a Peugeot E-208, Mazda MX-30 and even the BMW i3.

Got myself a black and white Honda E advance on 17 inch wheels and drove about 700km in the first couple of days and love the way it drives.

There are so many things I would like to learn here. What is the practical difference between 16 and 17 inch rims, what are the best tips to get most out of the range, how the take care of it and so on.

Best regards,

Abbe

iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Welkom! 😎
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
Abbe

Post by Abbe »

Thank you Hans,

Wonder if there are many Honda E drivers from the Netherlands are on this form? It turns out that the Honda E is nog selling in high numbers in our country.
Isotope Toast

Post by Isotope Toast »

Hi Abbe,

Do you mean that no one wants to buy them or that they are hard to find? Here in Germany they are very hard to find. I ordered one over 3 weeks ago and was told „sometime in 2022“. :/
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

Well, in Germany the e has always sold only in homeopathic doses:

Honda E registration figures in Germany in the year 2020
July: 43, 0.53 % market share*
August: 18, 0.11 % market share*
September: 144, 0.68 % market share*
October: 142, 0.61 % market share*
November: 252, 0.87 % market share*
December: 435, 1.00 % market share*

Honda E registration figures in Germany in the year 2021

January: 62, 0.38 % market share*
February: 34, 0.19 % market share*
March: 41, 0.14 % market share*
April: 58, 0.24 % market share*
May: 59, 0.22 % market share*
June: 80, 0.24 % market share*
July: 75, 0.29 % market share*
August: 70, 0.24 % market share*
September: 147, 0.44 % market share*
October: 312, 1.02 % market share*
November: 228, 0.57 % market share*
December: 87, 0.18 % market share*

* Honda E market share in relation to total new electric cars registered this month in Germany.
Source: https://www.goingelectric.de/zulassungs ... da-e/2021/
Abbe

Post by Abbe »

Honda_E_aantallen_NL.JPG

Sales numbers in The Netherlands are not briljant as well. I wonder if Honda expected this low sales or that they are surprise by the low sales numbers.
Might be that this is a way for Honda to gain some experience with EV's and the large amount of reviewers that focus too much on the limited range and the high price is not helping as well I guess. In The Netherlands, there are many fast chargers so making a road trip in our own country is not that much of a big issue here and most of the time the range is sufficient as long as I adapt the drive style.
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Abbe wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:45 pm Thank you Hans,

Wonder if there are many Honda E drivers from the Netherlands are on this form? It turns out that the Honda E is nog selling in high numbers in our country.
In my opinion, this is not just because of the high price - a mini e is not cheap either - but because of the import company. The import is co-ordinated from Belgium. No matter how nice the Belgians are, they don't understand our (lease) car market. There is now a depandance of the Belgian import company here, but they don't have much to say. And how many dealers are left? Mine has to sell Hyundai as well, otherwise it would already be bankrupt. Too bad, I am very satisfied with the e and Honda in particular.
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

In Portugal the main complaint is too much €€€ for too little range which I have to agree... Having that said.. the marketing department at Honda here does a terrifying job at not knowing how to properly promote the car...

It was not best at everything when I bought it.. and I'm ok with it... Wouldn't change my decision as there is no other viable option for my taste as of right now.
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
ChrisD

Post by ChrisD »

Hi, nice to see NL Honda e drivers on this forum :) I'm currently looking into buying one. Curious to hear about your experience with the E!
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

16 inch wheels will get your more range. They aren't just smaller diameter wise, but the wheels and tyres are thinner in width, so less resistance (and grip one could say).

The best way to get maximum mileage out of them is to alter your driving style. Don't fall for the one pedal nonsense, I consider it a gimmick. Since the regen is quite weak (and it makes use of the brakes), anticipation/coasting is the biggest mile saver.

If you have to do a very long journey, they best way to maximise single journey range is to:

1) check tyres are at 2.4 bar (for 17inch) when cold.
2) charge the car immediately before your journey. This has to be a big charge (not just the last few %). This will ensure the battery has been heated. Otherwise a big chunk of your range goes to heating the battery when you start your journey.
3) Try to make journeys when the weather is warmer rather than cooler.
4) Whilst charging, pre heat or pre cool the cabin using the app or fob.
5) Don't worry about driving with the aircon on. On auto/recirc it uses relatively little extra juice. Heating seems to be worse than aircon. If its sunny but cold, open the sunroof blind to get some solar powered heating!

Other than that. Try not to worry about it - it can send you slightly mad otherwise.
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi