MyHonda+ App in unsupported country

All Honda E related discussions
nossramo

Post by nossramo »

Hey

Was wondering if somebody know if there is a workaround to have the App working in unsupported country like Iceland.

App is not available in Icelandic App store and not in USA App Store, have not tried UK App Store. But my credit card will probably be declined since it is registered in Iceland, but do you think i can activate NFC to unlock/lock the car with my iPhone if i am able to get the App?

Best regards from Iceland, will receive my Honda e Black in next week 🤟

Keawon

Post by Keawon »

Hi,
I dont think it will work. To get app/NFC and all that stuff to work the car needs to be activated.
1. Basically you need to download APP, setup an account then after that add car in app all the steps.
2. After step 1, the app will send a code to car for u to accept. Done.
For all this to work the car TCU/sim need to be activated and supported.
Do you know if Honda e in Iceland are supported?
Plipton

Post by Plipton »

Have you got a VPN such as Nord VPN? You could set your IP to, say, the UK and register there. Now, having said that, I live in the Channel Islands and the app did not work for nearly a year after purchasing the car (Sept 2020 delivery) but I now also have Nord VPN on my phone so it's fine. What I can't be sure of is whether the SIM in the car will be able to log on to the local networks in Iceland.
mogui

Post by mogui »

Keawon is right, TCU/eSIM might not even be activated in Iceland. It's the same here in Portugal. I've managed to get the App installed and registeres, but because the SIM is not activated when the car leaves the dealership you will never be able to Pair it.
For me (in Portugal) there is no support whatsoever for honda eSIM, so they can't activate it at all.
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

Don't fret about it ~ the poor quality of the software means you're not really missing out.
You will see: the vehicle impresses with its primary virtues, the driving performance!, the design, the appearance
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

RAL7004 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:15 pm the vehicle impresses with its primary virtues, the driving performance!, the design, the appearance
+1
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
Steinninn

Post by Steinninn »

Did you ever get the app working in Iceland. I wonder if I can put my own Icelandic SIM card in and get it working that way
hondaero

Post by hondaero »

Hi,

Any news on getting My Honda App working in unsupported country ?

I'm based in Romania and the app is NOT working here :(. Honda e remains the only electric car not having connected service working :(.

What I heard as potential workaround, it can be done if you move the car in a supported country and activate the service there. Honda Dealer might need to apply "Change the country" for TCU procedure to ensure car and Honda App account match.

Any experience in such scenario ?

I might want to bring my car in Hungary and activate the service there.

Also more details on "Change the country" for TCU procedure would be useful if somebody knows more about it.

Thank you for any advice on the topic,
~amo~
2023 Honda e Red Advance on 16" Michelin 195/55 & 205/55 tyres.
hondaeboy

Post by hondaeboy »

hondaero wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:13 pm Any news on getting My Honda App working in unsupported country ? I'm based in Romania and the app is NOT working here :(. Honda e remains the only electric car not having connected service working :(.
I wonder if you should keep your hopes up.

I'm in a so-called "supported" country, but I also cannot get it to work. My dealer honestly told me the app is so sh*t that I would probably be more annoyed with the app working than without the app at all. Honda also doesn't seem to include it in newer car models anymore.

When prompted to call the 00800 Honda number, I was forwarded to a call centre that seemed to be located in Eastern Europe with a person that seemed to try to want to talk Flemmish. All they could come up with was that there was a malfunction for a little while, and that I should try again (which obviously did not help). I should write an e-mail to customer.service@honda-eu.com. But my own dealer had been trying to do that for 2 weeks now, and they were made to jump through all kinds of hoops (I was allowed to look in there support ticket system to see what happened). It was ridiculous. They asked my dealer to supply all kinds of evidence of what steps they had already taken to solve the problem. Then Honda support said "OK, we will forward it", and then they closed the ticket system after 4 days by default without responding, as if the problem was dealt with. Really stupid.

I have given up on the MyHonda+ app.
2021 Honda e Advance on 16" RC30 wheels with Goodyear 195/55 & 205/55 tyres.
Wrapped in Red metallic with full black and cinnamon leather interior.
hondaero

Post by hondaero »

Thank you for sharing your perspective.

My intention is to continue to hope / work on it and here is why:
- according to users, app is today much better than 3 years back (when launched)
- my experience contacting connected services (by email) is rather good -> responsive and willing to support
- authorized dealers should have direct channel with connected services & Honda digital team -> maybe you should push more
- Honda monetizes the services -> there is an interest to maintain, extend, evolve the platform
- platform is used by newer Honda Jazz and even HR-V
- platform is a must if you - as car provider - want to be competitive in the market place
- Honda remains the only EV car in Romania (and probably other markets) without a connected service running :(

I believe all of us should make our voices heard (e.g. email, through dealer), in a constructive way allowing Honda to improve. Clearly the platform is not their strong point however there might be reasons for them to progress.

If more ideas on the process I / we should follow, please share.

Thanks
~amo~
2023 Honda e Red Advance on 16" Michelin 195/55 & 205/55 tyres.