Keyless remote not detected

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
MaXPainT

Post by MaXPainT »

Recently I have started to get a "Keyless remote not detected" error when turning on the car.

The remote is always in the same pocket of the same backpack. The car detects it without issues for the door handles to pop out.

The error has happened to me twice this week. The error disappears after "restarting" the car. Any ideas what could be the cause and should I be worried about it?

zemdega

Post by zemdega »

Battery in key? Have no idea just thinking out loud.
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

MaXPainT wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:26 pm Recently I have started to get a "Keyless remote not detected" error when turning on the car.

The remote is always in the same pocket of the same backpack. The car detects it without issues for the door handles to pop out.

The error has happened to me twice this week. The error disappears after "restarting" the car. Any ideas what could be the cause and should I be worried about it?
Is there a phone in that pocket too? That is a probable issue.
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
MaXPainT

Post by MaXPainT »

The only variable that has changed recently is that there is a remote for another (not keyless) car in there too. But I can't imagine how this could cause the issue.

Other than that, there is a wireless headphone case and a pass card in that pocket. But those have been there since the beginnig, while the issue is a recent one.

I was thinking about the battery but it doesn't add up that it is detected properly when I am approaching the car and fails to detect when I am inside. My thinking makes me believe that being outside should require more battery.
zemdega

Post by zemdega »

It doesn’t cost much to try battery theory. I remember I had a case when everything worked properly (no keyless, just remote key) but windows didn’t open while holding open button for few seconds. Turned out it was battery.
MaXPainT

Post by MaXPainT »

Thank you for the advice, I will try the remote battery option then. Isn't there supposed to be a notification if the remote battery drops low?

The issue has appeared this morning again with me holding the remote of the other car in my hand, so we can rule out the interference with the other remote.
MaXPainT

Post by MaXPainT »

Just a follow-up to this topic in case someone will encounter the same issue and will look for a solution. The car comes with two remotes. Since I am a lazy ass, I didn't bother to change the battery and grabbed the other remote instead. The issue has never happened again for more than a month now. So the conclusion is that the issue is in the remote and not in the car.
5thcivic

Post by 5thcivic »

When my faraday pouch lost its capability due to lots of inserting/removing of the key, when pouch was closed the door handles would pop out, but you could not open the door. This makes me think you need more power in the battery to open the doors and start the car than just pop out the handles. Eventually the car would open and start with the old pouch closed so time for a new pouch. But it could be battery power is an issue since we cannot switch the E key off so power drains all the time.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post