Display brightness not working

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
Steinninn

Post by Steinninn »

One of the main buttons below the screens is the "display brightness" (next to Home and Audio button). But I find it utterly useless. Doesn't matter how I change the brightness the screens stay the same. Is it the same with other Es? The only thing I can do is turn it off completely. Something I have not had the use for yet, but might come in handy one day.

Wee Peem

Post by Wee Peem »

Is there by any chance an auto brightness setting and this is what it is presently selected.
ZoeDave

Post by ZoeDave »

The only other idea I have is that it may be only for when the headlights are on? i.e 'night mode'?
keithr

Post by keithr »

Have you tried reading the Owner's Manual? :) Here's the appropriate page from the manual:

Brightness.jpg

ZoeDave

Post by ZoeDave »

Thank you - so if I read it correctly, I was half right (and half wrong!). The brightness can be adjusted, but when it's bright out, the car will override this to make sure it is still visible.

I genuinely think that the manual is one of the better ones I've seen, but it can still be pretty confusing. It's still not clear if the bit on the bottom right about the centre screen overrides the ambient light sensor, or if it is just another way of achieving the same result. And if I adjust the screen in high ambient light, but it doesn't change, how exactly have I adjusted it?
Steinninn

Post by Steinninn »

Figures. Living in Iceland we don't get a lot of darkness this time of year. So I didn't drive it in the dark until just recently. I tried it out and it can be adjusted during the night.

The contradictory thing is that I can still turn off the entire screen during daytime, so why wouldn't I be able to turn it down a bit? I guess I'll never know.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post