Another Hi from North West England

New to the Honda E Forums? Introduce yourself here
eight

Post by eight »

First post just to say hello, we collected a blue E yesterday - not driven it much yet but really impressed with it.
It's 10 months old but only done 500 miles.

We also tried the Mini Level 3 (too low down and go-karty - been there, done that with a Cooper S 15 years ago, and it just felt out of date), i3 (felt like it was at least 15 years out of date and in the UK it's impossible to find one with a decent spec or one with a dashtop not made from recycled hair), and also the Mazda MX-30 which was a real eye opener - good value, good spec, a very grown-up drive but just a bit too big.
Previous EVs over the last seven years - 24kw Leaf, 27kw Soul, 100kw Tesla S, and we've now going back to a small EV - the Honda is spot on in terms of size, design, spec, drive, decent dealers (downside - no opening 'roof) and I suppose it's a requirement to mention range even though it won't be a problem in our case.
Also like the fact that in the UK it's a very rare sight.

So.. hello .. many stupid questions to follow...

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Welcome, it’s good to see more join us, it’s been getting quiet on here recently & I think we’ve all done the range, boot & app comments to the point of boredom now :lol:

Some of us have had ours for about 2 years and it’ll be good to see a seasoned EV owner’s view on the Honda.

I’d suggest that you download the online manual from the Honda website or via the app because you can then use the search facility to help you find what you need.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Parker87

Post by Parker87 »

Welcome. I followed a similar research path via Mini and I3, and actually bought an MX30. I'd agree with your assessment of it and it's certainly a lot better than it seems to get credit for but it was too grown-up and too tight a fit in the garage for me, so I opted for the greater fun-factor and the compact dimensions of an E. No regrets thus far (one month in).
eight

Post by eight »

Thanks for the welcome. So far I’m pretty much sorted with a lot of the tech after a few very long button-pushing sessions. Plus we’ve looked at the app and what it offers for the various annual charges and to be honest I don’t think we’d use it enough to get value.
E will be a second car for local trips and commuting, now it’s home and plugged in to the granny charger I doubt it’ll ever get charged anywhere else - Leaf and Soul were 99% home charged. As it allows dashboard preheat and charge timings as well as on the app I reckon the in car programming will be all we need.
MX-30 was a complete curve ball when we were looking around - it was going to be Mini vs i3 vs E then we just happened to go past Mazda and they gave us a test drive there and then. Very good car, not as cool as the E or as nice to drive but as you say, just a bit big. Cheap too!
i3 was the most disappointing - very obviously nearly a decade old design and the 30k 2021 car we tried just had two tiny screens and amazingly only had rear parking sensors - no camera, nothing on the front and obviously no 360 view either.
Happy with the Honda.
555djx

Post by 555djx »

From another North West located e owner; welcome eight. 🥳
2021 SEAT Mii electric Tornado Red 09/21 - 11/22 & 04/23 to ??
2017 Honda Civic 1.5L VTEC Turbo Prestige Auto Orchid White Pearl 12/22 to ??
2022 Citroën Ami Pop 11/22 - 04/23
2020 Honda e Advance Platinum White Pearl on 17s 12/20 - 12/22