My Honda E-xperience

All Honda E related discussions
100-0PCT

Post by 100-0PCT »

Bit of a shameless plug, not selling anything, but I know the admins will remove this if they don't think it's appropriate 👍)

I had the opportunity to test drive the Honda E recently for work. I wrote a little opinion piece on my experience, definitely too long for one Reddit post, but wondering if that would interest anyone here? You can find the article here: https://callumfackrell.substack.com/p/h ... view?sd=pf

Overall I found the car to be so lovely and filled to the brim with tech. But the asking price is just too tough to swallow in my opinion, especially with competition being so strong now. What do you think? Please let me know!

MattHero

Post by MattHero »

I'd go back and recount the number of doors. The results might surprise you.
Advance Charge Yellow on 16s.
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

It is what it is, horses for courses and all that. I doubt I could easily live with it without:

1) home charging
2) other cars which are larger and go further

It was reasonably expensive (I bought a 4 month old demonstrator over a year ago when the price was much more reasonable).

It's biggest strength is in its quality/ride/comfort/appeal/rarity, and that accounts for a lot when you have the freedom to choose those qualities. If I could only have 1 car, I doubt it'd be on the short list.

It's a little unfair to compare it to polestar money, because have you actually seen what kit you get on the bottom of the range 42k polestar? you need to add on a couple of packs to get the same stuff as the e and then your in the £50k territory. Not to mention there are many e's for sale from stock with lower than new asking price. The same is not true for polestar or other similar electric vehicles.
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
turntoport

Post by turntoport »

100-0PCT; you are maybe 'missing the point' of the e, and to 'get it' (understand) you need to drive it for a good few trips. Then you'll understand: it isn't the 'tech', gizmos' etc - it's the drive:fun ratio, which in my opinion (and that of most other e-ers, i believe), is what makes an e worthwhile. As a well-known auto journo said; " ...when i need to go somewhere in the car, walk out and see the Honda e waiting, I smile.")
Yes, you can get a lot more range/frivolous crap at the same price (or a lot more), or you could even choose a car with an ncap so low it's not rated and pay somewhat less. But i'd wager none of these will provide that same smile...

atb - ttp
turntoport

Post by turntoport »

p.s. a few weeks ago we parked our charge yellow e briefly in a rather tourist-y car park while we scudded into a nearby shop for a few minutes. Two slots way a grey roadster 3.8 e-type (the best version) , top down, pulled in at the same time. Guess which e got the most attention?
keithr

Post by keithr »

turntoport wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:54 pm Two slots way a grey roadster 3.8 e-type (the best version) , top down, pulled in at the same time. Guess which e got the most attention?
The Jaguar? :lol:
turntoport

Post by turntoport »

Ha! - we don't mind people having a shufti at the car, or asking questions about it - it's when they stick their heads through the windows to gawk at the 'wing mirrors' while yer sat there, that's a bit , er, 'weird'. Happened a few times now!
atb - ttp
nyx

Post by nyx »

I’m not a massive fan of forward parking as it makes getting out difficult, but your opinion may differ.
It does - I’ve never understood this take :)

Generally, charging spots are a roughly car-sized box next to a bigger open space. It makes sense to me to drive forward into the smaller space and reverse out into the big open space 🤷🏼‍♂️

Though with the e’s 360 cam it doesn’t much matter, really.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post